Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2424
  1. #1331
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    27

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Having the last couple drams of Bowmore Dusk Bordeaux Wine Cask Finish. I don't think Bowmore offers it anymore which is a real shame. I've really enjoyed this whisky.

  2. #1332
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    10,606

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Tangle Ridge Canadian, 10 year, Double Casked.

  3. #1333
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    765

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Tangle Ridge Canadian, 10 year, Double Casked.
    How do you like Tangle Ridge? I've heard both good and (very) bad about it.

    I'm also enjoying a double-matured Canadian: CC Sherry Cask. This stuff is incredible, though it hardly tastes like whisky.

  4. #1334
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    666

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    How do you like Tangle Ridge? I've heard both good and (very) bad about it.

    I'm also enjoying a double-matured Canadian: CC Sherry Cask. This stuff is incredible, though it hardly tastes like whisky.

    Mega, I've had my eye on a bottle of the CC Sherry: there are a number of bottles for about 25 in a place that I've cleaned out of 70's Old Forester, so my guess is the CC bottles are also pretty old. But what's your take on CC Sherry?
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

  5. #1335
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    765

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    Mega, I've had my eye on a bottle of the CC Sherry: there are a number of bottles for about 25 in a place that I've cleaned out of 70's Old Forester, so my guess is the CC bottles are also pretty old. But what's your take on CC Sherry?
    I love it. It impressed me right off the bat with its clean, sweet sherry aroma. It is not ultra-complex but just pleasant all around. Some complain that it is too sherried but that is what makes it such a winner for me. It is rather more like a brandy than a whisky but highly drinkable. It costs $35 in Ontario and by our standards it is a good deal (used to cost $50). I'm on my second bottle and I reckon I'll buy it again. I have a friend who claimed not to like sherried whiskies, and this has become one of his favourites. He can't stop drinking it!

  6. #1336
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,962

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Way to hot and humid in Chicago for May. So...I'm sipping on some Rosebank from Lombard. !989-04. Perfect dram for this weather. Got the Junior Kimbrough tunes cranked up as well.

  7. #1337
    Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois
    Posts
    1,538

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Way to hot and humid in Chicago for May. So...I'm sipping on some Rosebank from Lombard. !989-04. Perfect dram for this weather. Got the Junior Kimbrough tunes cranked up as well.
    Joe, Did Binny's have or does it still have this bottling? I see the Gordon & MacPhail cask strength listed but no Lombard. Or are you just out poaching .
    Thad

    BTOTY-2011

  8. #1338
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,962

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Joe, Did Binny's have or does it still have this bottling? I see the Gordon & MacPhail cask strength listed but no Lombard. Or are you just out poaching .
    No poaching. It was a gift from a customer. I also enjoyed some 31 year old Dailuaine(G&M..Ithink) , after the Rosebank.

  9. #1339
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    765

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Having some Arran Malt 10 year old. Nice whisky, fresh and fruity and aromatic. Becomes more salty/coastal mid-palate.

  10. #1340
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,962

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    I love Arran. If you can find it, pick up a bottle of Lochranza from Blackadder. A very nice Arran to add to the malt vault IMO.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Enjoying Whiskey writting and my Wonderful Dog Nikki
    By dave ziegler in forum History
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 04:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top