Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2424
    Apprentice

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Having the last couple drams of Bowmore Dusk Bordeaux Wine Cask Finish. I don't think Bowmore offers it anymore which is a real shame. I've really enjoyed this whisky.

Guru

Tangle Ridge Canadian, 10 year, Double Casked.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Tangle Ridge Canadian, 10 year, Double Casked.
    How do you like Tangle Ridge? I've heard both good and (very) bad about it.

I'm also enjoying a double-matured Canadian: CC Sherry Cask. This stuff is incredible, though it hardly tastes like whisky.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    How do you like Tangle Ridge? I've heard both good and (very) bad about it.

I'm also enjoying a double-matured Canadian: CC Sherry Cask. This stuff is incredible, though it hardly tastes like whisky.

Mega, I've had my eye on a bottle of the CC Sherry: there are a number of bottles for about 25 in a place that I've cleaned out of 70's Old Forester, so my guess is the CC bottles are also pretty old. But what's your take on CC Sherry?
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    Mega, I've had my eye on a bottle of the CC Sherry: there are a number of bottles for about 25 in a place that I've cleaned out of 70's Old Forester, so my guess is the CC bottles are also pretty old. But what's your take on CC Sherry?
    I love it. It impressed me right off the bat with its clean, sweet sherry aroma. It is not ultra-complex but just pleasant all around. Some complain that it is too sherried but that is what makes it such a winner for me. It is rather more like a brandy than a whisky but highly drinkable. It costs $35 in Ontario and by our standards it is a good deal (used to cost $50). I'm on my second bottle and I reckon I'll buy it again. I have a friend who claimed not to like sherried whiskies, and this has become one of his favourites. He can't stop drinking it!

Disciple

Way to hot and humid in Chicago for May. So...I'm sipping on some Rosebank from Lombard. !989-04. Perfect dram for this weather. Got the Junior Kimbrough tunes cranked up as well.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Way to hot and humid in Chicago for May. So...I'm sipping on some Rosebank from Lombard. !989-04. Perfect dram for this weather. Got the Junior Kimbrough tunes cranked up as well.
    Joe, Did Binny's have or does it still have this bottling? I see the Gordon & MacPhail cask strength listed but no Lombard. Or are you just out poaching .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Joe, Did Binny's have or does it still have this bottling? I see the Gordon & MacPhail cask strength listed but no Lombard. Or are you just out poaching .
    No poaching. It was a gift from a customer. I also enjoyed some 31 year old Dailuaine(G&M..Ithink) , after the Rosebank.

Connoisseur

Having some Arran Malt 10 year old. Nice whisky, fresh and fruity and aromatic. Becomes more salty/coastal mid-palate.

Disciple

I love Arran. If you can find it, pick up a bottle of Lochranza from Blackadder. A very nice Arran to add to the malt vault IMO.