Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 140 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2424
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Dammit, Christian! I love Lag 16, but Ardbeg 10 fell flat on it's keister with me. But, with your endorsement, I'm now forced to pick up one of these Uigeideils. Now, how much is this thing going to cost me?

Joe, if you can find one, the price should be 70- 90.... I have noticed there is a very large range of pricing for this one...
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by birdman1099 View Post
    Ha Ha Ha.... That is my second favorite Islay..... Nice...... Make sure you stock up on them as they are no longer made.....

I apologize if I have made a mistake.... it appears that maybe it is still made. Sorry to feed a frenzy. If anyone has any "good" info on the status of the Uigeadial, please chime in.
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Connoisseur

I don't know if this is "good" info or not, but Ugi is still shown as a regular product on the Ardbeg site.......since I went to the trouble to look it up I decided to pour a BIG pour of it tonight.

Tom

Virtuoso

I'm enjoying a large pour of Auchentoshan Triple Wood.

Bowmore Dusk, the Bordeaux finish gives it a really nice fruit character, very enjoyable whiskey for sure.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur

Cracked open a bottle of Macallan Cask Strenghth. This scotch is a deep brown with a noticeable ruby glow. At 58.6 ABV, it has a nice grip on the taste buds. In fact , I thought my buds were going to abandon ship when I first poured the Macallan on top of them. It could just be me, but I would give this pour the mouth grenade label. If you like the regular Macallan 12 yo, you will love this one. It has the same nose and taste with the addition of 21 inch biceps and a grip like a pit bull. The sherry and nutty oak palate is balanced with a sweet malty background.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Guru

Opened a bottle of Aberlour 10 last night and enjoyed a few pours with a neighbor on my deck. Great stuff!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

Nothing too exciting or exotic last night, but the standard Glenmorangie 10YO accompanied a late night cigar.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Dramiel McHinson View Post
    Cracked open a bottle of Macallan Cask Strenghth. This scotch is a deep brown with a noticeable ruby glow. At 58.6 ABV, it has a nice grip on the taste buds. In fact , I thought my buds were going to abandon ship when I first poured the Macallan on top of them. It could just be me, but I would give this pour the mouth grenade label. If you like the regular Macallan 12 yo, you will love this one. It has the same nose and taste with the addition of 21 inch biceps and a grip like a pit bull. The sherry and nutty oak palate is balanced with a sweet malty background.
    I have about one pour left in my bottle. Been saving it for some unkown reason. I need to get another bottle of this. I like the regular 12 very much... and the 18 even better (can't afford it). The cask strength is wonderfull, IMO.

Virtuoso

Killing off the last of my $22.00 bottle of McClellend's Islay. I probably won't get another. It isn't very good.... even at that price.