Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 141 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2424
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Spice Tree Malt Scotch Whisky, the current release. It has an appealing flavour, peat-accented with notes of orange and spice, and a pillow-soft body and texture. Some French wood is used in the finishing stage. Not to be missed and a bargain IMO.

Gary

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Killing off the last of my $22.00 bottle of McClellend's Islay. I probably won't get another. It isn't very good.... even at that price.
    Agreed. It has a dirty taste to it.

Virtuoso

I decided as good as the OGD BiB was tasting, what I really wanted was a nice, Toffee, butterscotchy Scotch. So... Cragganmore 12 is filling the need/want nicely.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    Spice Tree Malt Scotch Whisky, the current release. It has an appealing flavour, peat-accented with notes of orange and spice, and a pillow-soft body and texture. Some French wood is used in the finishing stage. Not to be missed and a bargain IMO.

Gary

... Talk dirty to me! LOL!

But, yeah, Compass Box releases some amazing whiskies!
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Guru

What do you guys think about the lowland whisky, Auchentoshan? I saw a great deal on Auchentoshan yesterday and nearly pulled the trigger but thought I'd research it a bit before making the purchase.
    Last edited by unclebunk; 08-02-2011 at 06:15.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

My favorite Auchentoshan is the Three Wood. It's matured in Bourbon, Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez Sherry casks.

The Classic Auchentoshan is light and crisp like an Irish. It's good, but I definitely prefer the Three Wood.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    My favorite Auchentoshan is the Three Wood. It's matured in Bourbon, Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez Sherry casks.

The Classic Auchentoshan is light and crisp like an Irish. It's good, but I definitely prefer the Three Wood.
    Thanks for the info. I found the standard expression for $28 and couldn't believe the price, so I think I'll grab it first and then pick up the Three Wood to do a side-by-side.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

I'm starting the evening with some Balvenie Signature. This will be followed by a Signatory bottling of Cragganmore. Then, probably some American whiskeys, but maybe Glenfarclas 105.

Best,
    T

Apprentice

Just opened a Gooderham & Worts Small Batch #4. Like a Glengoyne with spice and a peppery finish, nice!

have fun,
    aaron

Connoisseur

Popped the cork on a Glen Garioch 8 year old at 40% ABV. Nice looking bottle art. I wasn't expecting much from an 8 year old but was pleasantly surprised by a nicely balanced nose and palate that was well developed. The oak tannins were crisp but not dominating the nice blend of honey, citrus, heather, roasted cereal and a little white pepper at the finish.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.