Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 157 of 243 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2424
    Disciple

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Just got a nice pour of Glengoyne from a friend. 1987, aged 24 years at 54.8% abv. Really nice sherry and dark chocolate nose. Loads of anise on the pallate. Realy interesting dram.

Enthusiast

Finishing up some Talisker 18 year. Sweeter and softer than the 10 year but truly an outstanding single malt.

Connoisseur

Went to a dinner party the other night and decided to skip the bourbons and went with some darkside bottles. Started off with a Redbreast 12, three pours and that was all she wrote for that bottle. Next was the Redbreast 15. Last pours of the night came from a bottle of Aberlour A'Bundah batch no. 29. Haven't had any Scotch for a while and this one hit the spot.

I don't have a replacement for the Redbreast 12. I think I'll hold out for a bottle of the new cask strength.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQ View Post
    Went to a dinner party the other night and decided to skip the bourbons and went with some darkside bottles. Started off with a Redbreast 12, three pours and that was all she wrote for that bottle. Next was the Redbreast 15. Last pours of the night came from a bottle of Aberlour A'Bundah batch no. 29. Haven't had any Scotch for a while and this one hit the spot.

I don't have a replacement for the Redbreast 12. I think I'll hold out for a bottle of the new cask strength.
    I'm planning my next purchase of any whiskey to be the Redbreast cask strength which has arrived at Binny's...and the Aberlour A'bundah no. 39 I just bought last week seems to be calling out to me every night too.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Disciple

Nice glass of Lagavulin 16 last night. Just a classic in my book.

Novice

I just got a bottle of the Redbreast 12, which was good, if a little light-bodied for my tastes (though I can see how that could be desired in certain situations). Also, an older Springbank 10/100 proof (at least, older, different label from the current one), which was savory on the nose/initial palate with a rounded sweetness balancing it out. And enjoying a Macallan 12 right now... it's a standard, sure, and perhaps over-priced, but the sherry bomb is exactly what I want now -- that layered sweetness with strong overtones of raisins and dark chocolate.

Virtuoso

Started out with some Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Then onto some regular Laphroaig 10yr. Not sure what will be next, if anything...

Virtuoso

Started with Laphroaig 10 and moved on to Ardbeg 10. Probably finish with a little Talisker 10. It's a smokey kind of evening.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Started with Laphroaig 10 and moved on to Ardbeg 10. Probably finish with a little Talisker 10. It's a smokey kind of evening.
    Wish I could find Talisker here!

Connoisseur

The last few days I've been hitting the Famous Grouse 12. I'm really not liking this one and I've known that for a while but I trying to make room on the shelf.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?