Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 161 of 243 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

I finished off the last 1 1/2 drams in my bottle of Springbank 10/100
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    It's amazing how much better laphroaig gets once you go up the line. The 10 is a great entry level scotch but is definitely on the more peaty side when compared to the others. The Quarter Cask is a big step up for a bit more coin and the 18 is some really special stuff. It seems like the 18 with 8 extra years over the 10 mellows out a bit more, picking up more of the wood elements while shedding some of the peat characteristics.
    I love the entire Laphroaig line but appreciate each expression for different reasons. Personally, I tend to enjoy the 10 Year Old and Quarter Cask more than the Cask Strength and 18 YO with the QC being my favorite if forced to choose one over the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I find that I tend to like the younger Islays (10 - 12 years) over the the older ones. The peat and smoke mellow with more aging. I guess I just really like the intense peat/smoke in the younger whiskies. That doesn't mean I don't like or appreciate the older stuff.... I do!
    My assessment as well. They're all good but the younger Islays tend to have a more rough and tumble character that I prefer.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Tonight was a very special occasion, enough so that I pulled out my Cadenhead's Highland Park cask strength 17 to share a pour with my Fiancee's son. Incredible how the added proof adds so much to this compared to the regular HP.

Enthusiast

Just got back from a scotch tasting, really enjoyed the Aberlour 10 and Bunnahabhain 12 and 25. The Ledaig 10, Deanston 12, Tobermory 10 and 15 and a few others were OK but nothing special, at least to me, I know everyone's tastes are different. I really did not like the Deanston 30, age does not always equal quality.
    -SOB-

Guru

Auchentoshan 16 went down nicely last night. Very enjoyable!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Good old Laphroaig 10, tonight. Last pour of the bottle. Good thing this one is easily replaceable.

Connoisseur

Knappogue Castle 1995. Creamy, light, with just enough oak.

Connoisseur

Glen Moray at a party. Tastes just like Johnnie Walker Green, in case anyone was curious about it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Glen Moray at a party. Tastes just like Johnnie Walker Green, in case anyone was curious about it.
    What do you pay for it in your neck of the woods? Sounds good!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    What do you pay for it in your neck of the woods? Sounds good!
    My friend had it (he was so proud that his dad brought it back from Scotland, bless his heart), so I don't know what it goes for here, but Binny's has it for $30.

It's pretty good for that price, I'd say. I think I'll get it to replace the Johnnie Walker Black that I have around for parties.