Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 169 of 243 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2424
    Enthusiast

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Jura 10-year. This whisky definitely has a maritime character to it, kinda like a Coastal Highland malt.

Definitely some vanilla and coconut, with a hint of seaweed and whisper of salt. Seems appropriate for the dreary weather we've been seeing lately. Not much in the way of Peat in this expression, although there are other expressions in their series that are, indeed, moderately-peated.
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Virtuoso

Well I'm out of Laphroaig.

I guess Johnnie Walker Green will have to do tonight...

Guru

Talisker 18 - fantastic dram!

Guru

Cold and rainy last night, so Caol Ila 12 made an appearance and warmed the body and soul. Really terrific whiskey and greatly underappreciated, in my book.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    Jura 10-year. This whisky definitely has a maritime character to it, kinda like a Coastal Highland malt.

Definitely some vanilla and coconut, with a hint of seaweed and whisper of salt. Seems appropriate for the dreary weather we've been seeing lately. Not much in the way of Peat in this expression, although there are other expressions in their series that are, indeed, moderately-peated.
    Are we talking Clynelish or Old Pulteney? I really enjoy those two but haven't gotten around to springing for the Jura yet.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Are we talking Clynelish or Old Pulteney? I really enjoy those two but haven't gotten around to springing for the Jura yet.
    I actually had Oban in mind, but, of the two you mentioned, I would go with Clynelish. Old Pulteney, at least to me, has more of a slightly-peated character.
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Springbank 10. This is a really good one. Lot's of different things going on here. Some barnyard flavors mixed with a hint of smoke and nice thick mouthfeel.

Guru
    Bruichladdich Port Charlotte PC7
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    I actually had Oban in mind, but, of the two you mentioned, I would go with Clynelish. Old Pulteney, at least to me, has more of a slightly-peated character.
    Oban was my first distillery tour many years ago. It was a strange experience rolling out of bed at the B&B, eating a hearty Scottish breakfast and then sampling one whisky after another on the tour, which commenced at 10 a.m. We were all fairly well-oiled before noon and that put an end to our plan to move on to Fort William that day. But it sure was fun!

Advanced Taster

I'm enjoying some 21 YO Littlemill from a barrel picked by K&L Wines. Although I'd not had any whiskey from Littlemill, I've liked most of the K&L selections and I figured, what the hell -- I'll try something new. I'm glad I did. It reminds me of Clynelish, but with a bit more weight. There's nice tropical fruit flavors -- especially coconut -- and some peppery/brininess. Not much, if anything, in the way of peat but that's fine. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a scalpel not a sledgehammer.