Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 175 of 243 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Tried Tangle Ridge 10 year old rye yesterday for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised.

Guru
    Ellenstown 12 - tastes like Ardbeg, CI, & PE to me... A rather confusing dram but I need to spend more time with it (may try with some H2O next)
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Virtuoso

Crown Royal XR Waterloo..... this is quite a nice pour on a warm evening when a lighter whiskey is called for....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

After record high temps over the holiday weekend, the weather has now turned cool, rainy and dreary. Scottish weather to be sure, so I'll be turning to single malts tonight and will be pouring all Laphroaigs: 10, QC and CS. Will have to pick up some Belhaven Wee Heavy to go along with them. Can't wait!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Really enjoyed some Ardbeg Day being poured from a "Jeroboam" type bottle at an Ardbeg event here last night...also the 10 and Corryvreckan... while in the fine company of TomH and Barb.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Really enjoyed some Ardbeg Day being poured from a "Jeroboam" type bottle at an Ardbeg event here last night...also the 10 and Corryvreckan... while in the fine company of TomH and Barb.
    Oh wow! I'm super jealous. As a committee member I've gotten info about Ardbeg day for awhile now. But unfortunately none of it is happening near me.

Guru

We had a big single malt spread last night (and a damned slow day today after I woke up with a cracking headache). Started off with some Sheep Dip and Glenfarclas 10. Segued into Ardmore Trad Cask and Springbank 10. Big finale with Caol Ila 12, Laphroaig 10, L-Quarter Cask and L-Cask Strength. Woke up with an ashtray in my mouth and a woodpecker trapped inside my head but it sure was fun at the time!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Woke up with an ashtray in my mouth and a woodpecker trapped inside my head but it sure was fun at the time!
    Still better than a woodpecker being trapped inside your pants .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Connoisseur

Can you compare it to the Oogie? It's the closest relative, I guess. I saw a few bottles of the Day around here but it's more expensive than the Uigedail and even Laph 18, so it would have to have a pretty unique profile for me to get it.

Connoisseur

Still better than a woodpecker being trapped inside your pants .
    Don't knock it til you've tried it.

I enjoyed Aberlour 16 yesterday. I love me some Aberlour.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!