Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 183 of 243 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Having a Yamazaki 12 yo and then going to finally dive into that Redbreast CS.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by WAINWRIGHT View Post
    Michael Collins Single Malt fruit,spice and just a wisp of smoke; trick your single malt boys into enjoying a nice Irish.I have been finding these locally for $25.99 at one of our better stocked Hy Vee's,makes it all the more enjoyable at this price point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    I've seen the regular Michael Collins here locally. But I've been told that the single malt is especially good. Gonna have to see if I can find it and give it a try!
    It's hard for me to enjoy 80pf whiskey these days, but this 10yo expression can make a great change of pace from time to time. The mild peating is a great match for the fruity Irish profile. I got a few bottles last year for the $20 the blended version goes for, but the SM is up to $40 around here at this point, if I remember correctly.

I revisited by 1/2 bottle of Great King Street Artist Blend the other night, and really really enjoyed it. When I first tasted it, it made almost no impression upon me; I just didn't get it at all. But my palate was ready for it the other night - I found a full, soothing mouthfeel, creamy orange-vanilla notes and supple grains. It was mellow, refreshing and very easy drinking. The fact that they do a 375ml for $20 is brilliant!
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

Nothing fancy last night. I was in the mood for something light and refreshing so I had a pour or two of Ballantine's Finest and a touch of William Grant's Family Reserve. Sometimes an inexpensive quality blended Scotch really hits the spot.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Balvenie 21 Portwood a good way to cap the day,complex,thick and oily and a waxed fruit present from start to finish a truly elegant dram.

Guru

Balvenie 21 Portwood a good way to cap the day,complex,thick and oily and a waxed fruit present from start to finish a truly elegant dram.
    Hard to beat the entire Balvenie line. Such great whisky with loads of character, though I haven't had the 21 year old Portwood in ages.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Always one of my very favorites. A dangerously drinkable malt.

Connoisseur

Cracked open a Springer 12yr Claret, recommended by Timd. A great call Tim! My thoughts:

Springbank 12yr Claret 54.4%

Nose: Lovely ripe fruit jumps out of the glass. Orange peal and citrus notes. Soft smoke and a whiff of red wine. Interesting!

Taste: Rich, creamy entry that quickly gives way to a splash of smoke and salt. Red fruit including grapes combined with a mild pepperiness unfolds mid-palate. A bit salty on exit.

Finish: The layers are beginning to unfold. A mild sweetness lingers with this long, pleasant finish. An oaky nuttiness of salty cashews hangs around on the back of the palate.

Rating: This is a very respectable pour. Complex, well rounded, and full of layers. The smoke, fruit, and wine play well together and give this one a nice balance. I'm scoring it a 91.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didnít understand the question."

Disciple

Wonderful day of drinking Glenmorangie today. The pride bottling was stunningly good. Artein was equally impressive in my opinion. Astar never disappoints. The 25 and 21 were very tasty as well. Finished with sweet treat of Signet. Malty sweet goodness....the perfect treat. Finished with Ardbeg Corryvreckan, and Uigedaile, and a wonderful Quintessence Grand Marnier. Tough job.... I know.
    Last edited by Lost Pollito; 07-24-2012 at 20:40. Reason: spelling.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Wonderful day of drinking Glenmorangie today. The pride bottling was stunningly good. Artein was equally impressive in my opinion. Astar never disappoints. The 25 and 21 were very tasty as well. Finished with sweet treat of Signet. Malty sweet goodness....the perfect treat. Finished with Ardbeg Corryvreckan, and Uigedaile, and a wonderful Quintessence Grand Marnier. Tough job.... I know.
    Mind if I ask what your job is? That sounds awesome...

Cracked open a Talisker gift set my father in law brought back from Europe. Contains 200 ml bottles of the 10 year, Distiller's Edition, and 18 year. Having a wee dram of the 10.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Mind if I ask what your job is?
    Simply put....my job is Whisk(e)y retail. Rough job right?