Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 187 of 243 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2424
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Lag 16 would be the perfect whisky at 46-50%. I've got nothing else to say about it that would give any insight.
    ...and about $20 less...
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Connoisseur

If you can order from Schneider's on Capitol Hill (www.cellar.com), it's only $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    ...and about $20 less...

Advanced Taster

I had my first pour of Redbreast 12 cask strength, and had I been wearing socks, they would have been knocked off. I'm already a little sad that this bottle is going to be eventually empty and I've just started it. I'd put this up with the best whiskeys I've had, be it bourbon, rye, scotch, or irish. Its creamy, then fruity, then lightly oaky - and all as clean and crisp as an Irish priest's collar on Sunday morning.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IowaJeff View Post
    I had my first pour of Redbreast 12 cask strength, and had I been wearing socks, they would have been knocked off. I'm already a little sad that this bottle is going to be eventually empty and I've just started it. I'd put this up with the best whiskeys I've had, be it bourbon, rye, scotch, or irish. Its creamy, then fruity, then lightly oaky - and all as clean and crisp as an Irish priest's collar on Sunday morning.
    I capped last night off with the Redbreast CS and I agree with Jeff it blows me away every time.I love the fruit,and it is a crisp and vibrant as you can get the proof doesn't hurt either.

Guru
    Had some Ardbeg Alligator last night - wonderful drifting back to my aqua vitae home of Islay after a long week
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Disciple

Dalmore Cigar Malt and a Laphroaig 1/4 Cask while the wife was at a baby shower,odd combination but quite rewarding.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by WAINWRIGHT View Post
    I capped last night off with the Redbreast CS and I agree with Jeff it blows me away every time.I love the fruit,and it is a crisp and vibrant as you can get the proof doesn't hurt either.
    I figured I would like it, but I didn't think I would like it as much as I do.

Taster

glenmorangie and laphroig triple wood!
    To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.
    Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Connoisseur

Laphroaig 18. This definitely is the most bourbon-friendly Islay scotch. It's plenty sooty and ashy, which is different from smoky and is compatible with barrel char, and it has a nice sweet bourbon barrel influence. Gone is the coconut and most of the iodine of the regular 10 year. I like Laphroaigs the least of the big 3 - Lagavulin and Ardbeg are the others I count - but this one is my favorite from the distillery and a repeat purchase. I think of it as a "foody" scotch. I like that Islays remind me of environments instead of edibles, while bourbons always remind me of food, so I was surprised that this fairly approachable whisky, so reminiscent of smokey food dishs, hit me the right way.

Enthusiast

Aberlour 12-year. It's like getting the Balvenie 12-year Signature, for $25 less. Ample bourbon and sherry notes, with a hearty, healthy, voluptuous body. I don't really care much for Glenlivet, its sister distillery-- but this one is a real "sleeper!"
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus