Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 192 of 243 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2424
    Disciple

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Balvenie 14 CC haven't visited this in quite some time, I enjoy the subtlety of this dram it is an non challenging flavorful pour,a good choice for a low key evening a home.

Disciple

Laphroaig Quarter Cask and I think an Ardbeg 10 is up next to bat,I had a wonderful dinner this evening and wanted to follow up with a couple of quality pours.

Connoisseur

Opened a Great King Street last night after a looonnnnng drive back from the shore - just my first pour, but it seemed very similar in profile to JW Green Label at half the price. A nice dram to settle down with and it hit the spot. Had me wondering though how it might be with a stronger peat/smoke note, so I might try it with a bit of Benromach 10 or Longrow CV ...
    Mark

Connoisseur

This evening while waiting for our table, I had a healthy dram of Ardbeg Corryvreckan. The tasting notes are as follows: smoke, smoke, smoke, sweetness, smoke, tar, smoke, iodine, smoke, smoke, smoke. Despite the high proof, it does goes down fairly smooth. I was in the mood for a feisty Islay, so it was an enjoyable pour.

Taster

Laphroaig Quarter Cask. I decided to start exploring scotches. What a flavorful, peat monster. Very different from the bourbons I am accustom to drinking.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clindt View Post
    Laphroaig Quarter Cask. I decided to start exploring scotches. What a flavorful, peat monster. Very different from the bourbons I am accustom to drinking.
    A great whisky, to be sure. I even prefer it to the cask strength version which costs only a few bucks more around here. Enjoy!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Bought and opened a Glen Garioch 12 yesterday. Not bad - a bit of the Johnnie Walker Green profile with heather notes, which I like, and a lof of vanilla, which I like a bit less. I would say it goes like this: heather and honeysuckle with a strong vanilla backbone, mixed with liquified creamy marzipan. Sweet, sweet, sweet! It finishes with a pleasing bit of sherry wood, which shuts the door on all that sweetness.

Connoisseur

Had some Lag 16 tonight. Although not the most exotic or expensive of bottles, it is still my favorite.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    Had some Lag 16 tonight. Although not the most exotic or expensive of bottles, it is still my favorite.
    It's ridiculously great. One of the best standard Islay expressions available. I can't keep a bottle open for more than a few weeks, max.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didnít understand the question."

Guru

Redbreast 12 Cask Strength last night. Such wonderful whiskey but dangerously smooth. You've really gotta watch your intake when sipping this stuff or you'll end up with sea legs.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet