Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 196 of 243 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2424
    Guru
    Nikka Whisky from the Barrel tonight - so very impressed by this bottle!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Last night a Scottish relative was in town and we sampled some Scapa 14, HP 12 and HP18. All fabulous in their own way!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru
    Hibiki 21 - really quite sublime
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

Talisker 10. Fantastic salty sea influence with a nice touch of peat. I should buy this more often. Really fantastic whisky.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    What's the consensus here on The Yamazaki 12?

It's intriguing to me for some reason.
    Big thumbs up from me. Here it costs too much... about ¥6000 or $75 at the current (strong yen) exchange rate. But once in a while I buy the 10 y.o. which is much cheaper, about ¥3300 or $40.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Nikka Whisky from the Barrel tonight - so very impressed by this bottle!
    That one's closer to my price range. The Nikka single malts are really good, too... especially Yoichi (from Hokkaido). Unfortunately, they are even more expensive than the Yamazakis. But fortunately, we can get both Yoichi and Miyagikyo in No Age Statement (NAS) expressions cheap, ... about $19 bucks for 500ml bottled at 43% alc/vol, ... cheap, young, and sassy.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Virtuoso

I did some damage to a bottle of Glenfarclas 12yo last night. I really like this stuff. It's a deep ruddy color with nutty sherry on the nose, sweet dark fruit maltiness on the body and enough hefty wood to finish well. It's very drinkable and packed with flavor. The bottle I have is the older bottling; I don't know how it compares to the newer ones that come in a cylinder. I also got it for $44 - $10 cheaper than I usually see it. Great value for a malt that doesn't taste like a value malt.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Disciple

Bowmore Legend.

I think this is a great value at less than $30; it's clearly young, which allows the peat smoke and saltiness to be prominent, and that aligns very nicely with my tastes. Smoke and sweetness on the nose, sweet on the palate, and a nice smoky finish. Definitely an enjoyable dram, and one that sometimes keeps my grubby hands off of my more expensive malts.
    Last edited by HighInTheMtns; 10-12-2012 at 18:12.
    Jim

Enthusiast

Alberta Premium Dark Horse - meh ... tastes more like rum than whisky. Followed by Rittenhouse BIB.

Virtuoso

Talisker 18. I've been babying this bottle for almost two years. My brother gave it to me for my birthday. It isn't available to me without mail ordering it, so.............

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Talisker 18. I've been babying this bottle for almost two years. My brother gave it to me for my birthday. It isn't available to me without mail ordering it, so.............
    An absolutely phenomenal whisky. It's one of the few I don't just bunker.....I hoard.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."