Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 202 of 243 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2424
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Thanks for the info, gents. It's one I really should have pursued earlier that simply slipped under my radar for some reason. And sometimes young is good in an Islay. Gives it that extra something, right?

I prefer the Islays younger (10-12 years). The peat is more intense.... which is why I love Islay whisky to begin with.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I prefer the Islays younger (10-12 years). The peat is more intense.... which is why I love Islay whisky to begin with.
    I think I prefer the young ones too for the same reason. Once you start getting past 16 years old they tend to mellow out a bit, at least to my tastes. What are you enjoying tonight? I'm going with Ardbeg 10 and some Humble Pie. Marriott goes good with whisky, eh?
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

I think I prefer the young ones too for the same reason. Once you start getting past 16 years old they tend to mellow out a bit, at least to my tastes. What are you enjoying tonight? I'm going with Ardbeg 10 and some Humble Pie. Marriott goes good with whisky, eh?
    Talisker 10 and Caol Ila 12. Marriott is the best front man to ever grace a stage!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    That's too old!

LOL

Virtuoso

I'm sampling some short pours of three NAS Japanese Single Malts: The Yamazaki, The Hakushu and Yoichi. Tonight, Yoichi gets the nod. But I'm sure two days ago out of the same three bottles, I picked The Hakushu as my favorite. Man, I'm total shit as a judge.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Guru

A friend kindly (and quite unexpectedly) brought over a new bottle of Powers 12 last night and we hit it pretty good, along with many bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout and loads of great Irish music. A perfect evening!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

A friend kindly (and quite unexpectedly) brought over a new bottle of Powers 12 last night and we hit it pretty good, along with many bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout and loads of great Irish music. A perfect evening!
    If the Powers John's Lane 12yo ever crosses the pond it sounds like you would like that. It is the backbone of the Powers 12 gold label in pure form! Might have to add a taste to my Thanksgiving plans now that I am thinking about it again!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    If the Powers John's Lane 12yo ever crosses the pond it sounds like you would like that. It is the backbone of the Powers 12 gold label in pure form! Might have to add a taste to my Thanksgiving plans now that I am thinking about it again!
    Thank you. I will keep an eye out for it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Guru

Haven't decided but am seriously eying that bottle of Segram's 8yr old Gold.

Connoisseur

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    *cough*...needasample...*cough*
    The day I crack one of mine you'll get one my friend.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."