Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 203 of 243 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2424
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Cragganmore 12 year
    "They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games."
    -- Casey Stengel

Disciple

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Dalmore 12. I've had this bottle open a long time and it's never really grabbed me, but it's a good simple pour that I always enjoy.
    Jim

Guru

Forty Creek Barrel Select.

Guru

Segrams 8 yr Gold

Enthusiast

Highland Park 12 and Glenmorangie Signet. The Signet is different than any dram I have ever enjoyed.

Virtuoso

I did a bit of a Gillmanization tonight. I bought a bottle of Black Bottle, and while flavorful, it is a little bright, so to speak. A little young and unbalanced. I combined the entire bottle with the following: about 3 oz of Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength, 2 oz of Springbank 10/100 proof, and 2 oz of Higland Park 12. The Lappy gives great definition to the Islay peat already present in the blend, Springbank gives some great "naked" barley spice, and HP lends a rounder, more slippery mouthfeel (but not much flavor). All in all a much more balanced and interesting dram, and a good way to use up some nearly empty bottles.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Guru

Segram 8 yr Gold.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    I did a bit of a Gillmanization tonight. I bought a bottle of Black Bottle, and while flavorful, it is a little bright, so to speak. A little young and unbalanced. I combined the entire bottle with the following: about 3 oz of Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength, 2 oz of Springbank 10/100 proof, and 2 oz of Higland Park 12. The Lappy gives great definition to the Islay peat already present in the blend, Springbank gives some great "naked" barley spice, and HP lends a rounder, more slippery mouthfeel (but not much flavor). All in all a much more balanced and interesting dram, and a good way to use up some nearly empty bottles.
    I revisited this last night. The flavors are settling down, putting it squarely in "good blend" territory, but the mouthfeel is wonderful. Round and creamy, very easy to drink.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Connoisseur

Last night I tried most of the recently released Distiller's Edition Diageo releases next to their standard expressions.

Talisker - Preferred the regular expression. The sherry influence overpowered what I love about Talisker...that gentle peat.
    Oban - Preferred the DE. Enhanced nose over the regular expression, and a longer, sweeter finish. Went very well with the fattiness of the duck we were served.
    Lagavulin - Preferred the DE. Much more going on in the palate (spice and nutmeg) than the regular expression which to me is awesome peat/brine.
    Dalwhinnie - OK, by this time I was pretty well soused, so this was a toss-up. Both went well with the creamy dessert.

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Had some Compass Box Eleuthera to go along the bottle Nikka Whisky from the Barrel I finished last night.

Trey-

That Diageo event sounds like it was a blast!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof