Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 206 of 243 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Was all set to pour some bourbon when a friend dropped by unexpectedly with a bottle of Powers 12 so we headed straight for that, followed by some Connemara Peated Single Malt and a few scotch ales. A great evening of spirits, craic and Irish tunes!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    Available in Canada (Ontario) for $67
    Thanks for the info! They had a lineup of at least 7 different offerings at the duty free and this was the only expression with the label in English so I assumed it had to be available outside of Sweden.

Enthusiast

Last night decided on a pour of WTRB. I thought I read somewhere on here that it's Jimmy Russell's favorite. It wasn't mine ... that spot is held right now by Kentucky Spirit as offered and especially a barrel pick we have available in Tallahassee. I followed that with a healthy pour of FR Marriage. This from the bottom of the bottle that had been on the bar for most of a year. This blew me away! A wonderful bourbon! Is this released every year? I think the one bottle they have left is from before 2012. I'll grab that one today.

Connoisseur

Opened a new bottle of Balvenie Tun 1401 last night. This is batch 6.

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Opened a new bottle of Balvenie Tun 1401 last night. This is batch 6.
    Have you had the 3? If so, how do they compare to each other?
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Have you had the 3? If so, how do they compare to each other?
    Yeah, I finished a bottle of Batch 3 last week. Unfortunately, I don't have any left to make a direct comparison, but this one seems different. Great nose, but it definitely is less sweet, a "woodier" flavor, although not unpleasant. And I've never really understood when people picked up on a leather when tasting whisky until now. It's quite nice.

Guru

Got an opportunity to try a taste of the Amrut Fusion and the new Two Continents, Batch #2, today. The Fusion was OK, a bit of peat but perhaps a hair rougher than I expected given the rave reviews it seems to have had. The Two Continents on the other hand was a real beauty! I would buy one if I could find it. And I am not that much of a scotch drinker.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Yeah, I finished a bottle of Batch 3 last week. Unfortunately, I don't have any left to make a direct comparison, but this one seems different. Great nose, but it definitely is less sweet, a "woodier" flavor, although not unpleasant. And I've never really understood when people picked up on a leather when tasting whisky until now. It's quite nice.
    Interesting. I have a bottle of the batch 3 that I'm saving (it's currently my most expensive bottle so I need some good excuse to open it) and was wondering about getting a bottle of batch 6 while it is still available. Would you recommend it?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    Interesting. I have a bottle of the batch 3 that I'm saving (it's currently my most expensive bottle so I need some good excuse to open it) and was wondering about getting a bottle of batch 6 while it is still available. Would you recommend it?
    I would recommend it if you open up that Batch #3 and post a picture here:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...l=1#post312940

Virtuoso

I enjoyed a wee dram of Glenfarclas 30 straight from the bottle, as per Trey's link above.