Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 211 of 243 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2424
    Enthusiast

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    With respect, I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. While Lagavulin 16 is a classic among classics, Laphroaig QC is arguably the best of the "standard" offerings from Laphroaig and a mighty fine whisky that many consider a classic as well. It's just a matter of mood, for me. But I find comparing most Islays a difficult and sometimes unfair exercise because, in many respects, it's like comparing apples to oranges when I do. Lagavulin and Laphroaig are entirely different creatures to me, just as Highland Park 12 and Talisker 10 would be. That's not to say that I don't have favorites and a pecking order when push comes to shove, but that's more because of personal preferences than one necessarily being better than another. Know what I mean?
    I agree.

I love Laph CS - but also love Laga16. I drink a lot more Laphroaig, however, because of the price... and there's times I want that briny, smokey kick in the teeth from the CS.

Other times the elegance and power of Lagavulin is all I want!

Cost is a factor, but mood is a bigger factor.

That said, I'd take Laga 12 CS over any of them at any time!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    Glendronach 12. Santa brought me this one because I had been wanting to try it. I have a tendency to find non-Islays boring, but there's plenty here to like. I'm enjoying it a lot and look forward to trying some of their older expressions next.
    If the opportunity presents itself, try the 15 year old "Revival" - most people (myself included) consider it the best of the standard Glendronach range (12, 15, 18, 21).

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    If the opportunity presents itself, try the 15 year old "Revival" - most people (myself included) consider it the best of the standard Glendronach range (12, 15, 18, 21).
    I saw that Ralphy named that his whisky of the year for this year too. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    I saw that Ralphy named that his whisky of the year for this year too. I'll keep my eye out for it.
    Just enjoyed a dram of the GD 15.
    Bottle almost dry - good thing I have two more in the bunker (purchased before Ralfy's endorsement )

Connoisseur

Hitting a few Islays tonight during the game. Ardbeg 10, Lag 16 and Alligator. No complaints to be had. The Alligator is friggin' phenomenal.

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by jtexaslonestar View Post
    Hitting a few Islays tonight during the game. Ardbeg 10, Lag 16 and Alligator. No complaints to be had. The Alligator is friggin' phenomenal.
    Love the 'Gator!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Opened up Compass Box Spice Tree tonight. Digging it.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Guru

For Christmas I picked up the boxed twin pack of Old Pulteny 12 & 17 350 ml each. The 12 is good and the 17 is very good. A great way of
    selling your product by giving the consumer an opportunity to buy two for basically the price of one.

Virtuoso

Well, the Vikings are putting in Joe Webb, and I'm afraid this might be my last game of the season...

started with a Glenfiddich 15 and have a pour of Glenfarclas 30 in front of me now. A Glenfarclas 1982 Family Cask will follow, and we'll see what the score is...

Enthusiast

Had my first Bowmore. I purchased the 12 year old. Bowmore is such a storied distiller. I have to admit this expression was a bit of a disappointment. Which Bowmore should I try?