Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 213 of 243 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2424
    Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Compass Box Asyla from my sampler pack - very nicely balanced dram
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Disciple

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Started off a nice laid back evening with a bold pour of Balvenie 21yr PW,it's been awhile since I have visited this bottle and has proven to be an excellent choice that meets the mood.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Advanced Taster

Enjoyed a nice pour of Benromach 10 last night. Very enjoyable - a bit unique (at least to me) since I don't pick up any hints of peat, yet there's a nice, dry, smokey finish.
    <"}}}}}}}><

Rich

Guru

Scored an amazing deal on Glenmorangie 10 a few days ago--$17.99 a bottle! Naturally, I picked up two cases (one to keep, one to share with friends). I've always enjoyed this whisky, particularly on those days when I want something clean, fresh and unpeated, as the floral aroma really is quite amazing. It's always nice when the whisk(e)y Gods smile upon you, and this haul of twelve bottles certainly made my day. My only concern is that this unprecedented drop in price (usually $37-$40 around here) may be a harbinger of things to come. One has to wonder if Glenmorangie is contemplating doing away with the 10 year old to make way for a 12 YO, as this retailer said he scored 50 cases at a phenomenally discounted price and was therefore able to sell the stuff for under $20 and still make a good profit. Now I kinda wish I had picked up a few more cases!
    Last edited by unclebunk; 01-11-2013 at 07:20.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

WOW! GlenMo isn't one of my favorite pours, but I'd be right with you in picking up a case or two (or more) at that price. That's a year's worth of nice gifts to friends, and plenty of pours for the casual scotch drinkers on a visit. What an amazing score.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    WOW! GlenMo isn't one of my favorite pours, but I'd be right with you in picking up a case or two (or more) at that price. That's a year's worth of nice gifts to friends, and plenty of pours for the casual scotch drinkers on a visit. What an amazing score.
    That was kinda my thinking too. It certainly doesn't rank among my favorites but it truly is a high quality malt and (as you said) it gifts well, along with being an easy pour for the more casual sms drinker. Having said that, it is a favorite among many Scots and really does hit the spot when the mood strikes. Like Old Pulteney 12 and other similar lighter malts, I find there's a time and a place to really enjoy these types of whisky and feel glad to have struck gold on what was meant to be a simple beer run.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

I really would like to make it last but this Alligator is tasty stuff and so is the Ten.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Hibiki 12 before heading out back.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Springbank 15, Highland Park 18, Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 6, Glendronach 15, Aberfeldy 21.

Just relaxing a bit before my friend's wedding =]b
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

Bowmore 12, Highland Park 12. I also ordered the Laddie 10 Bruichladdich today. Heard a lot about this one and I look forward to trying it.