Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 219 of 243 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2424
  1. #2181
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    537

    What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    You have GOT to be kidding me. $36 for Ardbeg 10? Can I ask what you're paying for HP 18? Or maybe I don't even really want to know.
    That one is probably closer to your pricing. I want to say its around $93ish? So 10% off that price.

    I'm not a huge HP fan. I like it, but too many other bottles I'd rather have for the price.

    I'd never turn down a pour though.
    Josh

    "The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."

  2. #2182
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    $93 is a GREAT price for HP18. 10% more off that is ridiculous. About as ridiculous as $36 Ardbeg. I think the local prices here would be around $49 and $120 for those two.

    The notable deals I can think of in Charleston, WV would be Glenfiddich 15 for about $43, Balvenie 15 for $60, and Glenfarclas 21 for $95.

  3. #2183
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    464

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    $93 is a GREAT price for HP18. 10% more off that is ridiculous. About as ridiculous as $36 Ardbeg. I think the local prices here would be around $49 and $120 for those two.
    Total Wine here in Dallas has the HP18 for $79.99, and the 15yr for $55.99.

    Talisker 18 is $69.99

  4. #2184
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by timd View Post
    Total Wine here in Dallas has the HP18 for $79.99, and the 15yr for $55.99.

    Talisker 18 is $69.99
    It appears that I'm doing a lot of sighing today looking at your prices.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  5. #2185
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Commonwealth of KY
    Posts
    2,964

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Aberlour A'Bunadh. Sampled both with and without water tonight. Even at a fairly high cask strength I much prefer this one without the H2O. It's bigger, bolder, and the flavor seems more concentrated, plus water absolutely destroyed the finish for me. I saw where a lot of people found it overly hot at cask strength, but it drinks just fine to me.

  6. #2186
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    434

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Great King Street New York Blend. What a great blend.

  7. #2187
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,110

    What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Great King Street New York Blend. What a great blend.
    Have you had the regular GKS? If so, how does it compare?
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  8. #2188
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    434

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Have you had the regular GKS? If so, how does it compare?
    The NY Blend has some really nice peat and smoke to it balanced by a creamy sweet vanilla. It's been a while since I had the regular GKS, but I don't recall it having any peat to it. Also, I think the NY Blend is also a bit fuller and creamier.

  9. #2189
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,110

    What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Thx - another to add to the list... I enjoyed the GKS & I am a peat head so that sounds like its right in my wheelhouse.

    :-)
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  10. #2190
    Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois
    Posts
    1,538

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Aberlour A'Bunadh. Sampled both with and without water tonight. Even at a fairly high cask strength I much prefer this one without the H2O. It's bigger, bolder, and the flavor seems more concentrated, plus water absolutely destroyed the finish for me. I saw where a lot of people found it overly hot at cask strength, but it drinks just fine to me.
    I'm down to the last drops of a batch 39 (59.8 % abv) which is a very good one. I wouldn't say water destroys it for me but it is one of the few cask strength whiskies/whiskeys (along with some 4Rs) that deliver more and are still tolerable without any added. The current price here is now up to $74 so I will hold off on replacing for awhile. A sale near me this week has Ardbeg 10 and Glenlivet 15, each for $39, making those hard to resist.
    Thad

    BTOTY-2011

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Enjoying Whiskey writting and my Wonderful Dog Nikki
    By dave ziegler in forum History
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 04:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top