Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 225 of 243 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Flaming Heart 4 is just...perfect. I know that's a taboo statement in the whisky world, and I understand why, but this dram is delicious and drinkable at the highest level. Excellent.
    Completely agree. Insanely good. This is the best Compass Box I've had, which is saying something.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Having my first go at THE BEIST. Delicious. Plenty complex, full of fruit with a well balanced smoke, but lighter, tamer than I would expect given the name. That's not a knock, just unexpected. For those in the know, how much of a difference is there between the different years? This is an 07 bottling, btw.
    The Beist is anything BUT a beast... One of the tamer, more "adult" Ardbegs around. It's rich and smokey - but far from a monster than a CS Ardbeg can be. Lighter on smoke/peat (and alcohol) than the 10 year is.

Delicious and worthy of much praise in it's own way, but not a "beast" by any stretch compared to any other younger, more vibrant and potent CS Islay. I always found the name to be a misnomer, it's still an amazing dram.

In terms of year-to-year? I notice only marginal differences. They're all equally good for being an well aged, moderate proof Ardbeg.

highland park 18.

It took a little while to open up, but it's pretty fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    The Alberta Premium Dark Horse is NOT 100% rye like all their other products.

It contains (approx percentages) 91% rye grain, 8.5% aged corn whisky, and 0.5% sherry wine is added.
    The ABV is 45% - at least here in Canada (not 46).
    Well now I am not sure if I am drinking Whisky or Liqueur. I am not aware of any other spirit actually blended with sherry. I will contemplate that with my remaining bottle and a half.

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Talisker 10 und Ardbeg Day
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Virtuoso

I opened an Amrut Fusion last night and found it really difficult. It reminded me of Walker Green Label, very similar nose that was quite pleasing, but the palate is a little all over the place. A little young tasting as well, which I expected. I think I'll grow to tolerate it, but first impression is definitely no more than a B-. I had a similarly underwhelming experience with a new Double Rye last night. Definitely a weird night for whiskies. Maybe it was me.

Connoisseur

Ok, that Laphroaig 10yr CS has a heck of a finish that lingers for a while. Very tasty Islay! There is a definite sweetness that I wouldn't expect to compete step for step with the peat and smoke. I still prefer the Ardbeg 10 for a go to Islay, and the Alligator as the "in your face" Islay. But in the meantime.... Barkeep! Pour me another of that izlay, ya know that frog stuff!

Connoisseur

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Completely agree. Insanely good. This is the best Compass Box I've had, which is saying something.
    Flaming Heart 10th Anniversary is my favorite.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MacinJosh View Post
    Flaming Heart 10th Anniversary is my favorite.
    Haven't tried it but think I know where I can. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Glenmorangie Signet and Lagavulin 16