Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 226 of 243 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2424
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Cracked a Laphroaig Cairdeas in response to Trey's post in the "buy" thread. It is COMPLETELY different than I remember. My impressions in the fall were of a complex fruit/peat hybrid, like a good Uiegadail, but toned down a bit. This first pour is filthy. All smoke and peat and campfire and gasoline. Oily and coating. Like pouring whisky on a burning campfire, then drinking that whisky. And... I really like it.

Virtuoso

It really came apart with water. I didn't use very much, but didn't like the change at all. My first glass from the last several bottles (Amrut Fusion, High West Double Rye) have been odd experiences and I've enjoyed each more on subsequent days. I'm going to let the Laphroaig open up as well before I go back again.

Connoisseur

One of the wonderful single malt Irish whiskeys for under $30. Tyrconnell 10 year. Good stuff.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

A wee dram of Uigeadail followed by Port Charlotte PC7.

The PC7 is the only whisky in the PC range I've tried, but I'm quite fond of it, so I'm probably going to order another one. Anyone else tried this one and one of the other currently available expressions?

Virtuoso

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Lombard's Springbank from their Jewels of Scotland line: a 13yo 100 proof expression distilled in '91 and bottled in '04. Just the slightest amount of funk in balance with soddy honeydew malt, and honey-drenched almonds. I love the discontinued 10/100, and this is very much along those lines but with more funky complexity on one side and concentrated, sticky golden malt on the other.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

Aberlour 12 last night. Far more complex than people realize when you actually sit quietly and really savor what's in the glass. Great distillery, that's for sure.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Old Forester B'Day Bourbon (2012). The one taste I had from a bottle of '07 was ambrosia; this isn't .... but, still very nice! The '10 (I have several bottles) is pretty special, too.

Enthusiast

Hey Rich, just a heads up. This is the scotch thread. The bourbon thread is over there. No big deal, just wanted to help you out while you're getting used to the site.

Connoisseur

Another one-two punch tonight while I listened to my friend complain about her boyfriend for an hour and a half.

Mac18 followed by Springbank 12 Cask Strength.

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    A wee dram of Uigeadail followed by Port Charlotte PC7.

The PC7 is the only whisky in the PC range I've tried, but I'm quite fond of it, so I'm probably going to order another one. Anyone else tried this one and one of the other currently available expressions?
    I've had the PC6 at a bar and two bottles of PC7 - both were good. I'm looking at trying one of the PC10's actually.

Tonight's first dram: St. George Single Malt (Batch 12) - its unlike any whisky I've ever had... It has this icewine-like dimension to it but with more depth if that makes any sense (not as sweet as the icewine either).

Need to spend more time with it once my head cold passes.
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 02-27-2013 at 21:15.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof