Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 227 of 243 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Another one-two punch tonight while I listened to my friend complain about her boyfriend for an hour and a half.

Mac18 followed by Springbank 12 Cask Strength.
    Great choices, Trey. I had a touch more Aberlour 12 and 16 last night before moving on to Springbank 10. Such a nice time listening to music with fine whiskey when the house is empty and quiet for a few hours.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Johnny Walker Green Label. Such a nice pleasant pour, sweet, honey, full flavored malt. Need to pick up a couple of more bottles before its all gone.

Guru

I was tempted by a bottle of Green at the store yesterday, actually paused and started to reach for it, but I've been there and it's time to move on.

Guru

Opened a new bottle of The Irishman (70) last night. This stuff is hard to beat for the price and, along with Powers Gold, may be my favorite Irish whiskey in the $25 and under category.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Tried the Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix last night at a bar that had it by the pour. I don't drink a lot of scotch, so I'm no expert, but I found it above average, though perhaps not worthy of the raves it has gotten from the two people I know that actually have bottles. It wasn't as good as the Tomatin 25 or the Tomatin Decades, IMO.

Connoisseur

My Humble Apolgies! I posted about a bourbon on this thread without realizing I'd stumbled into an entirely different realm of whisky. Mea Culpa for my foolishness! ...But, anybody that knows me will attest there are very, very few folks who can still breathe that are worse with a computer than I am. Again so sorry for the intrusion!

Connoisseur

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by SFS View Post
    Tried the Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix last night at a bar that had it by the pour. I don't drink a lot of scotch, so I'm no expert, but I found it above average, though perhaps not worthy of the raves it has gotten from the two people I know that actually have bottles. It wasn't as good as the Tomatin 25 or the Tomatin Decades, IMO.
    I've yet to try this but have a bottle in the bunker. I figured it might make for good trade bait in the future. I'm generally not a Glenfiddich fan but this one had me curious and Tom hooked me up with a bottle.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."

Advanced Taster

Costco 15 yo by MacCallan. My scotch pallette is untrained. I taste saltwater and enjoy it.

Guru

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Talisker 10 & Ardbeg Day to cap off the weekend
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

On Saturday, I revisited the only bottle I've ever had that I deemed undrinkable -- Ledaig 10. When it was given to me in 2011, I took one drink and nearly threw it away. My memory was that it tasted like bandaids. I should say that between 2011 and now, I've learned to like peated whiskey, so I decided to pull it out of the back of the cabinet and try it again. I stand by my previous impression that it tasted like bandaids (medicinal), but that is no longer such a terrible thing. I'm not saying it's the best bottle I've got, but I'll be able to finish it, for sure. Funny how our tastes chance, isn't it?