Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 230 of 243 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Grand Dad, Grand Dad and Barton, the trinity of Bourbon.

Connoisseur

Had some Chivas 25, Glenfarclas 40, and later at a bar, some Michter's rye. Guess which one tasted like cigarette butts?

Enthusiast

In honor of St. Paddy's this week, I opened a bottle of The Irishman Single Malt (10 year). Wow, this stuff is great. A nice creamy mouthfeel and notes of honey and tropical fruit (guava and mango come to mind). Nice long finish, especially for an Irish. On par with some of the best Irish whiskey i've had.

Connoisseur

I finally broke into the Compass Box sampler I purchased a while back. Last night I downed half of the Asyla sample, which I did not care for. Nothing offensive, it just struck me as a bit generic. I am sipping the Oak cross at the moment. I like this one, for me it is still a very light whiskey, but it has some nice vanilla and wood. I am going to try the Spice Box later this evening - being a rye drinker, I hope it lives up to the spice in its name.
    Last edited by LostBottle; 03-11-2013 at 18:48.

Guru

It has a very unique spice profile, IMO. One that i like quite a bit. Be very interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Enthusiast

Another 10 year Irish single malt. This time the Bushmills 10 yr. It's nice but not nearly as good as the Irishman 10 year.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    In honor of St. Paddy's this week, I opened a bottle of The Irishman Single Malt (10 year). Wow, this stuff is great. A nice creamy mouthfeel and notes of honey and tropical fruit (guava and mango come to mind). Nice long finish, especially for an Irish. On par with some of the best Irish whiskey i've had.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I absolutely love that one too. Even the standard bottle of the Irishman is excellent value for $25.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Drinking a nice pour of Highland Park 15 year old in a hotel bar to close out the night. Business travel is not without its perks.
    Jim

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Another 10 year Irish single malt. This time the Bushmills 10 yr. It's nice but not nearly as good as the Irishman 10 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. I absolutely love that one too. Even the standard bottle of the Irishman is excellent value for $25.
    I am also a fan of the Irishman 70 and single malt. Funny you mention the Bushmills 10. I like both but find them a bit different from one another. A friend preferes the Bush 10 to the Irishman.

Just goes to show that every palate is unique!
    Last edited by tanstaafl2; 03-12-2013 at 09:58.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I am also a fan of the Irishman 70 and single malt. Funny you mention the Bushmills 10. I like both but find them a bit different from one another. A friend preferes the Bush 10 to the Irishman.

Just goes to show that every palate is unique!
    Very true. A friend brought over a bottle of Bushmills 21 a few days ago and he swears it's the best Irish whiskey he's ever had. I thoroughly enjoyed it but wouldn't have gone nearly so far in awarding it the top spot on the Irish whiskey ladder. At $120, I think one can do better but to each his own.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet