Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 236 of 243 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2424
    Disciple

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Michael Collins SM and a follow up of Powers John's Lane 12yr.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Guru

Is this your first taste of them? If so, what did you think? Haven't had the MC in a while but the John's Lane is one of my favorites.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Tonight will be A Bruichladdich Laddie 10 and Ardbeg 10 night

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Is this your first taste of them? If so, what did you think? Haven't had the MC in a while but the John's Lane is one of my favorites.
    I have had Michael Collins SM 10yr quite a few times in the past and bunked up a few @$24 and the Powers John's Lane is a recent purchase after a blind tasting and was blown away!I currently have one of the John's Lane and need to pick up a couple more for future enjoyment just great stuff!I did also notice that the MC has now lost it's age statement on the 10yr SM and is now in a new more stylized bottle,damn shame as the new stuff is not the same.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Enthusiast

Started my night with some Clynelish 14 yr and now enjoying some BenRiach 12 yr. The Clynelish really hit the spot!

Virtuoso

I had some Longmorn 15yo 90° a little earlier tonight. This bottle is growing on me. The cork fell apart upon opening, but I was able to get most of it out with only a few bigger chunks falling in the bottle. I'm always paranoid about scotch begin tainted, especially something that sat around for years and years before I snatched it up for $60; for some scotch, taint is what they were going for . There is a weird, astringent off-note here, but other than that I'm finding a lot to like. A great hazelnut-cashew nuttiness with a little mushroom in there, making me think of sherried wood. It's sweet, but not terribly, and well balanced with some fig jamminess and very clean sugars. I know where another bottle or two of this stuff is... I might just have to pick them up next time I'm in the area!
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

The Balvenie.

I plan on getting some Knappogue soon though.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Guru

Went to a whisky tasting this afternoon which included 3 Balvenie bottlings (14yo Caribbean rum cask, 15yo Single Malt and the pricey 17yo peated cask finish) and the Benromach Peat Smoke. It was supposed to include the Bunnahabhain 12 and Toiteach but apparently those got finished off the evening before so the 14 and 15yo Balvenie filled in for them.

The 3 Balvinie's were quite nice but didn't care for the Benromach. The 17yo was my favorite with the Rum cask finish second.

Scotch sampler.JPG

A pleasant way to spend an hour or so.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Islay night. Bruichladdich Laddie 10, Bunnahahbain 12, and Ardbeg 10. Three very different Islays.

Connoisseur

The old standby, Dewar's White Label, with a lot of ice and some water in a tall tumbler.

I once had a friend, he was a horse vet, who drank it this way.

When it's hot and you're thirsty, it's almost like drinking cold Scottish beer.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway