Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 108 of 243 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

I'm onto my last glass of Berry's Own Selection Dalmore 1997. Interesting stuff. Very clean, toasty, malty. A pure-tasting malt. Light tropical fruit, some bitter oak in the finish.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    If you like it you might as well grab another to hang onto, since it was a release of fewer than 1,000 bottles if I recall correctly. There can't be many left.
    I went back last week, and it was gone..... I wish I would have known then what I know now !!!!
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Advanced Taster

I've had an unopened bottle of Macallan Cask Strength on the shelf for a while, so I decided last night I'd compare it against the open bottle of Macallan 12 I had.

I'd be curious to hear what anybody else has to say, but the Cask Strength didn't significantly impress me. I'll have to revisit the whisky to see if it was just and off night for me.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Enthusiast

Had a large whiskey sour made of The Famous Grouse last night. I noticed I had 4 1.75 liter bottles of Famous Grouse in my stash so it was time to start using up some of this to make room for others. As much as I love Teacher's I have to admit that Famous Grouse is very drinkable mixed and usually can be found at great bargain!

Virtuoso

Ardbeg 10 is going down real nice on this crisp, Autumn-like evening.

Connoisseur

Just conducted a head-to-head: Lagavulin 16 vs. Longrow CV. It's interesting how different a whisky can taste when you have something to compare it to. Lagavulin showed salty notes very reminiscent of crisp bacon that I had never noticed before. It also showed deep iodine notes beneath rich sweetness.

Longrow CV fared very well with pronounced smoke and lovely sweetness. Much lighter than Lagavulin but still substantial in flavour.

Connoisseur

Jura Prophecy. Nice degree of peatiness.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Apprentice

I had some Jura 16yr the other night while having dinner. I was very disappointed as it tasted very strong of vanilla. I assume it was mostly first-fill bourbon barrels because that is what it reminded me of.

Were my tastebuds messed up by the food, or are my tasting impressions correct?

Thanks, Rene'

Guru

Enjoying a Redbreast 12 year. It's been some time since I've poured from this bottle. Shame on me....it's a great Irish.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    Enjoying a Redbreast 12 year. It's been some time since I've poured from this bottle. Shame on me....it's a great Irish.
    It's the BEST Irish!

... aside from the Cooley Single Malts, of course!
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus