Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 123 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

As an experiment I poured a splash of Springbank cask strength into a glass of Bowmore Tempest. It worked! While it didn't drastically alter the Bowmore's profile it did inject some much-needed complexity and a dark fruitiness. Delicious.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

There is a 100 proof Canadian Club available in international markets, e.g., some Duty Free stores have it.

I saw a Springbank today, 12 years old, 9 in American wood and last three in claret wine casks. Not a bad price I thought for that and the proof, which was up there (can't recall exactly). Any opinions on that bottling?

(Good vatting by the way, makes perfect sense).

Gary

Connoisseur

Another good one was to take a glass of Springbank 12 and add a few drops of Kilchoman. It makes a ridiculously complex whisky even more ridiculous. Also improves the finish somewhat.

I've heard mostly good things about the Claret Wood 12, except for a fellow on another forum who called it his least-favourite bottling currently available in Ontario. Said he regretted buying it, in fact.

Guru

Segrams VO Gold 8 yr old, just found this one and don't recall having sampled it before. A round sweetness on the nose, this shows promise.

Guru

Just sampled the Segrams Gold. Flavor is less sweet than the nose, round body with a bitter almond nuttiness and a background of wood. When time permits I will post a full review.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Just sampled the Segrams Gold. Flavor is less sweet than the nose, round body with a bitter almond nuttiness and a background of wood. When time permits I will post a full review.
    I tried regular Seagram's VO only a little while ago and thought it was pretty decent. Similar profile to Crown Royal with a notch less complexity.

Connoisseur

I don`t know why I feel the need to do this, but here`s what I`m drinking: Aberlour 16 with a splash of Springbank 12. It is quire fantastic. You get the sublime nose from the Aberlour and the explosive taste of the cask-strength Springbank.

Virtuoso

It's my birthday so I waffled between the best bourbon on the bar (Pappy 15 or 20 or GTS or WLW maybe). If I could smoke in the house I'd light up a cigar so I ended up reaching for some Lagavulin 16. Wonderful stuff. Even with all the special bottlings I have etc... this puppy and the Laph QC really hits the spot better than most.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

J&B, in an airport lounge, it's probably been 20 years. I find it excellent, silky soft but displaying excellent clean malt flavours. Better than many of my own efforts, and I think the secret is probably their use of high quality grain whisky. I truly would drink this over most malts I know.

Gary

Guru

Gary I fell the same way about Famous Grouse.