Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 129 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2424
    Taster

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

I now love the Laphroiag. Superb Whisky. I am just interested in diversifying.
    I've gone from Buffalo Trace to Wild Turkey 101 to Grant's to Lafhroaig to back again starting over again. I refreshed my palate with a lifesaver and a cup of coffee. Excellent tasting whiskeys each.

The next question is do I want to throw an Irish and/0r Canadian into the mix? All I know is that I am having a lot of fun and running out of money.
    Last edited by bgast1; 04-03-2011 at 20:25.

Enthusiast

Had to replenish my single malt supply. I picked up the following last week:

Springbank 10

Balvenie 17 Sherry Oak Cask

Aberlour d'Abundahd batch 32 (heard this is not as good as ususal but had to have one in the house)

Highland Park 12 (couldn't find the 18)

A Douglas Laing bottling of Ben Riach 18 year old refill hogshead cask. Have found no tasting notes on this one. Anyone here?

Taster

I am enjoying Glenmorangie right now. I am drinking it neat at the moment. I will be adding a bit of water in a moment.
    Last edited by bgast1; 04-07-2011 at 16:25.

Virtuoso

Spice tree to start. Great whiskey, highly recommend! Now on to Amrut Fusion. There's an odd (but great) flavor in here, smells like a black forest cake. Really hard to put my finger on it. Excellent? Sublime? yes. Wish I could afford to drink these 2 every night.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

Will be drinking some Bunnahabhain 12 and Clynelish 14 tonight, along with a nice bottle of Scotch ale from Belhaven Brewery. Sometimes it's nice to back off on the peat and just enjoy a dram for its subtle complexities.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Cragganmore 12, followed by Dalmore 12. The Dalmore is so dry compared to the Cragganmore.

Virtuoso

add an amrut peated to the mix :-)
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Connoisseur

We did a blind scotch tasting at the club tonight. The one distillery we got right was Glenfarclas and we even had it nailed as an older one, just didn't get the exact age since it turned out to by a 40YO

Tom

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Will be drinking some Bunnahabhain 12 and Clynelish 14 tonight, along with a nice bottle of Scotch ale from Belhaven Brewery. Sometimes it's nice to back off on the peat and just enjoy a dram for its subtle complexities.
    I love those two expressions. Great stuff!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    I love those two expressions. Great stuff!
    Both were fabulous and those who dismiss Bunnahabhain for being lighter in profile than the other Islay whiskies are missing out. I have one friend who turns his nose up to Bunnahabhain 12 every time I offer it and for the life of me I can't understand why. It is truly delicious and brimming with flavor and aroma, IMO. Tonight, I think I'll head down the road to Caol Ila 12, another Islay classic!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet