Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 132 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2424
  1. #1311
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh.
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Just finished the last pour of a bottle of Ardmore Traditional Cask. Moving on to Laphroaig 10.

  2. #1312
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Apt. #2890c
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    A small pour of Tyrconnell 10YO madeira wood finished.... very easy drinker
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

  3. #1313
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Yesterday, I had a wonderfully peaty day...

    Bowmore 30
    Talisker DE 1992
    Ardbeg Corryvrekken

    Cheers,

    Scott

    Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

  4. #1314
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    26

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Glenmorangie Original
    I really like!

  5. #1315
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    768

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Just finished the last pour of a bottle of Ardmore Traditional Cask. Moving on to Laphroaig 10.
    Ebo, how is that Ardmore? It just became available here.

  6. #1316
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh.
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    Ebo, how is that Ardmore? It just became available here.
    Ardmore is a little of everything. It's aged in bourbon barrels and is fully peated, non-chill filtered and no caramel added. It is one of my favorites... and very well priced for the quality.This review does it more justice than I can.

    http://www.thewhiskywire.com/2010/10...tly-peaty.html

  7. #1317
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    468

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    Ebo, how is that Ardmore? It just became available here.
    Here in TX it's down to about $30, which makes it a steal. Not as good as the review makes it out to be - it's decent, kind of like a peatier Highland Park 12, but not as rich & fullfilling. If it's priced under $40 it's a good deal. As you creep higher, I'd be more reluctant to buy another one. It's good, though, just not great.

  8. #1318
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    768

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by timd View Post
    Here in TX it's down to about $30, which makes it a steal. Not as good as the review makes it out to be - it's decent, kind of like a peatier Highland Park 12, but not as rich & fullfilling. If it's priced under $40 it's a good deal. As you creep higher, I'd be more reluctant to buy another one. It's good, though, just not great.
    In Ontario it is $45, which puts it in the same bracket as Glenfiddich 12, Bowmore 12, Glenlivet 12, and a few others. You generally don't get single malts for less than that around here.

  9. #1319
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winter Wonderland
    Posts
    484

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    A small pour of Tyrconnell 10YO madeira wood finished.... very easy drinker
    How do you like this compared to the standard Tyrconnell, which I enjoy alot?

  10. #1320
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh.
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    In Ontario it is $45, which puts it in the same bracket as Glenfiddich 12, Bowmore 12, Glenlivet 12, and a few others. You generally don't get single malts for less than that around here.
    It's definitely better than the Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and the Bowmore. I pay $40.00 for it in Ohio.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Enjoying Whiskey writting and my Wonderful Dog Nikki
    By dave ziegler in forum History
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 04:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top