Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 135 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    I love Arran. If you can find it, pick up a bottle of Lochranza from Blackadder. A very nice Arran to add to the malt vault IMO.
    The new 14 year old is out in Ontario. I reckon it is nice stuff. For a few dollars less there is also a single sherry cask, aged 12 years. Seems like a pretty good deal but I'm hesitant due to the risk of sulphur. I've had a few dodgy bottles and now I'm distrustful of sherry.

Last night I put a splash of Kilchoman in a glass of Arran and it was a wonderful marriage.

Guru

Talisker 10 and Lagavulin 16 last night, along with some fine Honkers Ale.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

This evening it's Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 10.

Connoisseur

Started with a dram of Yamazaki 12. Tasting very good tonight.

The Voshole

Beautiful night in northern Illinois, enjoying Laphroaig 10 and a Macanudo Cru Royale on the back porch. Great way to end the work week

Gary
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

Taster

Had some Arran 15 anniversary. Amontillado sherry.Great dram after you take the time to get used to this explicit sheery taste.
    www.whiskeyminiatures.nl
    "Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish fuck in it."
    W.C. Fields

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie66 View Post
    Had some Arran 15 anniversary. Amontillado sherry.Great dram after you take the time to get used to this explicit sheery taste.
    Mmm, sounds nice.

Virtuoso

Really enjoying my second pour of Ardmore Traditional Cask. Nice sweet peat and spice. Like a poor mans Talisker. Peated, non-chill filtered, 92 proof, what's not to like?
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Right now, a nice pour of Glenfarclas 105, ... that's 105 British proof, or 60% alc/vol. ... sheeze, at least Kentucky proof makes sense, ... as much as the metric system ... which happily reminds me, this is a liter bottle ... and not one of those piddly ass 700ml euro-bottles. Now, how can a continent (and off shore whisky-producing islands) that has enough sense to adopt the metric system sell whisky in anything but 1 liter bottles?

Every time I pick up a 700 ml bottle, it feels like I used to feel when someone would hand me one of those Miller ponies. (They still make those?) What's the point? ... c'mon Scotsmen, you charge enough, kick in at least that extra 50 ml pour. (Talisker does!, sometimes Highland Park, Cragganmore and Caol Ila, too.)

Anyway, this one is a big, chewy bourbony molasses/maple syrupy, grassy 10 year old. I cut it back to about 45-50%, as y'all know, that's 90-100 US proof, but it will take someone with math skills beyond mine to figure the British proof without a calculator.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    Right now, a nice pour of Glenfarclas 105, ... that's 105 British proof, or 60% alc/vol. ... sheeze, at least Kentucky proof makes sense, ... as much as the metric system ... which happily reminds me, this is a liter bottle ... and not one of those piddly ass 700ml euro-bottles. Now, how can a continent (and off shore whisky-producing islands) that has enough sense to adopt the metric system sell whisky in anything but 1 liter bottles?

Every time I pick up a 700 ml bottle, it feels like I used to feel when someone would hand me one of those Miller ponies. (They still make those?) What's the point? ... c'mon Scotsmen, you charge enough, kick in at least that extra 50 ml pour. (Talisker does!, sometimes Highland Park, Cragganmore and Caol Ila, too.)

Anyway, this one is a big, chewy bourbony molasses/maple syrupy, grassy 10 year old. I cut it back to about 45-50%, as y'all know, that's 90-100 US proof, but it will take someone with math skills beyond mine to figure the British proof without a calculator.
    At least the British proof system actually means something!