Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 139 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2424
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Reaching for some Ardmore Traditional Cask. I've always enjoyed it and lately I find myself choosing this one more often than not.
    Funny you should say that. It's one of my go to drams, too. I'm sipping on some now.

Enthusiast

Whesskey..somewhat peated whisky from Brennerei Höhler in Hessen, Germany. If you like young grappa like whiskies this might be for you, but I won't really recommend this. Stills do matter

Steffen

Virtuoso

Laphroaig from The Un-chillfiltered Collection (their caps) Signatory Vintage 2000. Age 10 years, matured in hogsheads, cask no's. 4147 + 4148, bottle No. 243 of 791. Natural color. 46% alc/vol.

This stuff has the lightest color of any whisky I've ever had, like white wine. The nose is pretty hot, but it's Laphroaig alright. Peat, smoke, peat smoke, wet grass, hint of Tester's airplane glue. Oh yeah! Meant to be taken neat.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Oh dear lord I am screwed! I just tried Ardbeg Uigeadeil for the first time tonight and am blown away; it was absolutely phenomenal! I have never nosed anything that reminded me of smoky pork fat, in a good way, and I loved it.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Virtuoso

^^^ another Islay fan has joined the ranks.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Oh dear lord I am screwed! I just tried Ardbeg Uigeadeil for the first time tonight and am blown away; it was absolutely phenomenal! I have never nosed anything that reminded me of smoky pork fat, in a good way, and I loved it.
    Dammit, Christian! I love Lag 16, but Ardbeg 10 fell flat on it's keister with me. But, with your endorsement, I'm now forced to pick up one of these Uigeideils. Now, how much is this thing going to cost me?
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Regular Jameson to which I added a touch of Green Spot to boost the pure pot still. Silky and minty. As good I feel as Powers, but different taste. I think if I had to nominate a no. 1 whiskey of the world, it could be either Powers or Elijah Craig 18 years old.

Gary

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Ardmore Traditional Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky. 46% ABV, NAS. $44.00 in our market. From what I've read online, it's a mingling of 6-13 year old Ardmores which are further aged in a quarter-cask. Once again, I find myself drawn to an artful mingling such as this which gets great balance and mouthfeel. It's almost Islay-like, without being an Islay. Jackson always liked Ardmore but until recently it's not been widely available as a single. Most of it goes into the Teacher's (blended) Scotch brand. I like good values in Scotch, it's easy to spend lots of money for something whose essential quality is rarity. Some of the lesser values tend to taste immature but not this one, it's perfectly put together. A Beam Global brand and I hand it to them for the stylishness and value of this product.

Gary

Connoisseur

Last night I did a vertical tasting of the Highland Park 1994 TR, the old HP 16 Yr TR, and HP 18.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post

Ha Ha Ha.... That is my second favorite Islay..... Nice...... Make sure you stock up on them as they are no longer made.....
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.