Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 142 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

I hit the Macallan 12 pretty hard over the week.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Guru

Finally picked up my Auchentoshan Three Wood. Very full flavored lowland whisky and impressed several of my hard-to-please friends.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Finally picked up my Auchentoshan Three Wood. Very full flavored lowland whisky and impressed several of my hard-to-please friends.
    I figured you would like it.

Connoisseur

After a stressful day of trying to learn how to play Barbies with my 4 year old grand daughter, I decided the Glenfarclas 17 year old would be just the thing to ease me back into reality. Great blend of sherried smokey oak with all the required toasted cereal, dried dates, and a nice hit of pepper and allspice.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Connoisseur

I had poker night at my place last night and we hit the liquor cabinet pretty hard. Personally, I was rotating between Royal Salute, Dewar's Signature, and Lagavulin.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
    I had poker night at my place last night and we hit the liquor cabinet pretty hard. Personally, I was rotating between Royal Salute, Dewar's Signature, and Lagavulin.
    Sounds like a good time! Just received an unexpected check in the mail, so I'm pouring a splash of Balvenie DoubleWood to celebrate. Nothing like a mid-day dram.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I know this shouldn't be in the "foreign whiskey" section, but I didn't know where else to put it. Anywho, sipping on a McCarthy's Single Malt. Peaty, smoky, and plenty tasty. As blasphemous as this may sound to the dark siders...(of which, I have been known to trod, from time to time...but, don't tell anyone...) ....I'll take this over Ardbeg 10 any day of the week. Which, reminds me...I need to get one of those Ugedales...Ugedells...Uhgadeals...Ugahdails....Uga d....Uggas (Go Dawgs!!!)...Ugh...You know what I mean.......
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Powers Irish Whiskey. I don't usually buy whiskey from duty free since I can usually get it cheaper on line here in Japan, or off the street in the US, and the selection often isn't so great either.... but I was flying back through Detroit and found liter bottles of Powers (nas), two for $33. Thanks to this thread, Mr. Gillman in particular, I believe, for touting this juice, I snatched up a couple Ls. Yesterday, I opened it up with a couple colleagues, an Englishman who makes narrowminded snooty snipey comments about bourbon , and a new guy, a Scotsman. All three of us liked it too much, ...silky, coppery, shamrocky?... I finally put it away for safety's sake. (We're all on bicycles, and had to go home downhill running high-grade switchbacks.) We all made it back this morning feeling fit and sound.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    Powers Irish Whiskey. I don't usually buy whiskey from duty free since I can usually get it cheaper on line here in Japan, or off the street in the US, and the selection often isn't so great either.... but I was flying back through Detroit and found liter bottles of Powers (nas), two for $33. Thanks to this thread, Mr. Gillman in particular, I believe, for touting this juice, I snatched up a couple Ls. Yesterday, I opened it up with a couple colleagues, an Englishman who makes narrowminded snooty snipey comments about bourbon , and a new guy, a Scotsman. All three of us liked it too much, ...silky, coppery, shamrocky?... I finally put it away for safety's sake. (We're all on bicycles, and had to go home downhill running high-grade switchbacks.) We all made it back this morning feeling fit and sound.
    Powers has become my "house" Irish whiskey, the one my friends and I turn to when we want to enjoy a flavorful Irish whiskey without killing the wallet. It's inexpensive and has enough character to please even the finicky types. Next stop on the "house" ladder tends to be Black Bush when I score a bottle on sale (the last two were found at $20!) but BB is generally considerably more money. You really got a good deal at $33, so dig in!

Guru

Cracked another bottle of Springbank 10 last night. Single malts in this price range rarely get better IMO. Next stop will be Springbank 12 Cask Strength or Springbank 15. If only I had a money tree.