Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 159 of 243 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Amrut Cask Strength. Lots of peaches and pears.

Note to bartenders: please do not serve cask strength whiskies in brandy snifters because the whisky will melt your customer's face off when he tries to drink them.

Connoisseur

Over the weekend I dipped into the Highland Park 18 and killed the last of my Glenlivet French Oak.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Taster

I have been getting back into my Laphroaig 10yr CS. Really like the power of this one.

Taster

Did not think I was a fan of any peat at all, but after being recommended Highland Park 12 by a friend, I bought a bottle, and damn! It is very delicious.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Eth3rStrik3r View Post
    Did not think I was a fan of any peat at all, but after being recommended Highland Park 12 by a friend, I bought a bottle, and damn! It is very delicious.
    I'm a fan of HP 12, but the peat is very limited. I always recommend Ardmore Traditional Cask to people that want to try a peated scotch, but are leery of paying for an Islay they may not like. Ardmore is a fully peated Speysider that is quite different from Islays.

This is a good introduction to peated whisky that isn't so...... Islay ...and a quite good one, IMO.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I'm a fan of HP 12, but the peat is very limited. I always recommend Ardmore Traditional Cask to people that want to try a peated scotch, but are leery of paying for an Islay they may not like. Ardmore is a fully peated Speysider that is quite different from Islays.

This is a good introduction to peated whisky that isn't so...... Islay ...and a quite good one, IMO.
    I just noticed Binnys has it for $30, I will probably pick up a bottle tomorrow and will report back that I am probably drinking it

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    The Balvenie 17-year Madeira Cask.

Those of you who've been reading my posts for a few years now know that I bear a marked preference for Madeira-finished whiskies. With a hint of toffee and bitter orange in the nose, this one certainly didn't disappoint!

Too bad it was a 2009 Limited Release...
    Are you sure it was really a limited release? I love this stuff and see it everywhere in CA, supermarkets, Costco, wine stores. My only gripe is that I can't find it for under $100 as much as I used to, that's why I find myself reaching for the carribean cask more often.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Are you sure it was really a limited release? I love this stuff and see it everywhere in CA, supermarkets, Costco, wine stores. My only gripe is that I can't find it for under $100 as much as I used to, that's why I find myself reaching for the carribean cask more often.
    Yes. Balvenie changes their 17 year old every year.
    Richard

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
    Yes. Balvenie changes their 17 year old every year.
    didnt know that, thanks for the info. I see the peated 17 as well, so if the madeira was 2009, I am guessing the peated 17 2010? When is the 2011 going to be released?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    didnt know that, thanks for the info. I see the peated 17 as well, so if the madeira was 2009, I am guessing the peated 17 2010? When is the 2011 going to be released?
    Good question. Peated Cask didn't come out until September 2010 so it was late 2010 but nothing in 2011. They did release the Tun 1401 release around the normal release time for the 17 year old but it's much older.
    Richard