Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 195 of 243 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Sorry for your lose
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    An excellent whisky to celebrate an epic long life.

I miss drinking with my grandfather-in-law. He was a Glenmorangie man, and we buried him with his half drunk bottle in the casket.
    Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. We head back to SLC for his funeral next weekend - my brother will be bringing a bottle of Hibiki 21 for the occasion and I hope to find High West open this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    What's wrong with that? Where do you drink YOUR whiskey?
    Nothing wrong with it... Only it could affect nosing if you catch my drift. ;-)

Enjoying Ardbeg Alligator & Clynelish 14 tonight.

Enthusiast

Trying Clynelish 14 for the first time (had to buy it out-of-state) and really liking it! It certainly tastes a little different from Oban, with a slightly heavier body and softer texture, but retaining that special "maritime" character-- for almost $25 less per bottle!

I consider much of DiaGeo's "Classic Malts" collection to be needlessly-pricey, but this is actually a pretty darned-good value! So, I'm going to file this one in the "no complaints" folder and keep my mouth shut-- if word of this Malt gets out too much, the price will certainly climb!
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    Trying Clynelish 14 for the first time (had to buy it out-of-state) and really liking it! It certainly tastes a little different from Oban, with a slightly heavier body and softer texture, but retaining that special "maritime" character-- for almost $25 less per bottle!

I consider much of DiaGeo's "Classic Malts" collection to be needlessly-pricey, but this is actually a pretty darned-good value! So, I'm going to file this one in the "no complaints" folder and keep my mouth shut-- if word of this Malt gets out too much, the price will certainly climb!
    I'm just getting to know this one, too, and I really like it so far. It's about $50 here in the Twin Cities. What do you pay for it?
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    No contest between the Clynelish and Oban.
    The Clynelish is a better pour, at a higher ABV, and lower price!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    No contest between the Clynelish and Oban.
    The Clynelish is a better pour, at a higher ABV, and lower price!
    Agree that - Clynelish is a very different SMS with its waxy consistency; and at $45 for a 14 year old, a pretty darn good QPR at that. I might be mixing it up with another distillery, but I think this is a big component in one of the JW blends.
    Mark

Virtuoso

What's the consensus here on The Yamazaki 12?

It's intriguing to me for some reason.

Guru

It's good whiskey. I like to keep a bottle of it around. Not going to blow your socks off. Just a really easy-going and enjoyable pour, though. I'd recommend it and will gladly take it off of your hands if you don't like it. :P

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    Agree that - Clynelish is a very different SMS with its waxy consistency; and at $45 for a 14 year old, a pretty darn good QPR at that. I might be mixing it up with another distillery, but I think this is a big component in one of the JW blends.
    I think Caol Ila is the biggest contributor to JW, but Clynelish is probably in there, too.

Virtuoso

Glenlivet Nadurra 1991 Triumph tonight, neat from a Glencairn. It's pretty good but honestly think I prefer the 16yr Nadurra over this one. The 16yr as I remember it had more fruitiness to it. Regardless, the two Nadurra releases are much much better than the standard Glenlivet releases.

Disciple

Grilled some steaks and enjoyed some good company,finished of the meal with a Balvenie 21yr.Portwood and a nice Cohiba.