Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 38 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    Redbreast is Irish (lol!)

Of course, I should have said drank mostly scotch all weekend . Let's just say I was overseas for the good part of the weekend!
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Connoisseur

Aberlour 10. A nice entry-level single malt. Lively fruit and spice aromas. Full and creamy on the palate with a good kick. I don't mind drinking this stuff at all...

Enthusiast

Rittenhouse BIB 100. I'm loving the spiciness. I'll be giving bottles of this out at Christmas.
    We set out as men of reason, armed with Navy Colts.

Apprentice

I just finished a helping of Ardbeg 10 (2007 bottle).

Taster

A wonderful pour, the Ardbeg 10. I haven't tried any of the recent releases. How does it compare to some of the earlier releases?

Bob

Connoisseur

I've never tried Ardbeg and probably never will, now that the 10-year-old expression has gone from $77 to $99!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    Here's a good, cheap blended Scotch: Ballantine'e Finest. I was impressed with this right away; the nose shows some nice fruit and gentle smoke. The flavour confirms that this is a balanced whisky. It's smooth and gives equal weight to the smoke, grain, and sherried malt. So far, one of my favourite entry-level blends.
    I think my next purchase will be a cheap blend. I was considering Grants, Grouse or Dewars but maybe I'll take a look at this one.

Enthusiast

I'm having tonight Compass Box: The Peat Monster. This is really great stuff. I'm not going to try too hard with the tasting notes (or the sentence structure) but the nose is sweet, maybe mellons, maybe ginger ale and smokey with a hint of bacon. The pallet is pretty sweet like a good speysider then when you swallow - Big Smoke and a little bacon again and then, suprisingly, a super smooth finish. The sweet smokiness lingers on for quite a while. Excellent stuff.

Then I followed that with a little Bushmills 10.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by PAspirit1 View Post
    I'm having tonight Compass Box: The Peat Monster. This is really great stuff. I'm not going to try too hard with the tasting notes (or the sentence structure) but the nose is sweet, maybe mellons, maybe ginger ale and smokey with a hint of bacon. The pallet is pretty sweet like a good speysider then when you swallow - Big Smoke and a little bacon again and then, suprisingly, a super smooth finish. The sweet smokiness lingers on for quite a while. Excellent stuff.

Then I followed that with a little Bushmills 10.
    A lot of people diss that stuff but I really loved it. I thought it had great balance between smoke and sweetness. Excellent after dinner. Bushmills 10 is nice as well, though probably a little mild after the Monster.

I'm enjoying one of my last glasses of Longmorn 15. It's truly a shame that this fantastic whisky is no more. It seems like every glass offers something different; tonight, it's deep wood notes. I love the balance between sweet, salty, bitter, and sour flavours. it really has it all.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by PAspirit1 View Post
    I think my next purchase will be a cheap blend. I was considering Grants, Grouse or Dewars but maybe I'll take a look at this one.
    I'll take it over Grant's for sure. Haven't tried the standard Dewar's. I like the Grouse, but it's been a while so it's a tough call.