Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 42 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    Brad, I agree. Wasn't impressed with the Dalmore 12. It didn't give me a headache, though.

Actually I like Dalmore 12 just fine. I was just making excuses for drinking. The headache I had had long before I started drinking it

But After trying Highland Park 12 at a fancy bar not long ago. The Dalmore 12 sitting on my shelf pales in comparison.

Advanced Taster

Had a dram of tequila before dinner. We bought this bottle from the factory in Mexico last year, 100% blue agave. Quite smooth with an unmistakable grassy taste of agave. Followed by a dram of A'bunadh batch #21. Its a nice contrast to the tequila. A'bunadth is quite heavy on the sherry side and sweet whereas tequila is almost bland but has that grassy aftertaste. A'bunadh is much higher in abv than tequila.

Disciple

Going to a Benrinnes tasting tonight. Looking forward to trying my first Benrinnes. Anyone tried any before?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Going to a Benrinnes tasting tonight. Looking forward to trying my first Benrinnes. Anyone tried any before?
    I had a bottle of Benrinnes from the SMS of the US many years ago. I dont remember what the expression was of the bottle but I was not very impressed with it.

Connoisseur

My first glass of Lagavulin 12 Special Release. This is some crazy stuff! I'm not quite sure how to describe it. A bit less overtly medicinal than the 16-year-old, for starters. A bit minty on the nose, with mineral and sea salt tones. Immediate sweetness on the palate with an essence of mossy, wet rocks. Alternating waves of peat smoke and sweet malt. A smoky, tarry finish. This is what I look for in a peaty Scotch. Great balance.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    My first glass of Lagavulin 12 Special Release. This is some crazy stuff! I'm not quite sure how to describe it. A bit less overtly medicinal than the 16-year-old, for starters. A bit minty on the nose, with mineral and sea salt tones. Immediate sweetness on the palate with an essence of mossy, wet rocks. Alternating waves of peat smoke and sweet malt. A smoky, tarry finish. This is what I look for in a peaty Scotch. Great balance.
    Sounds great! I'm beating back a cold today so I hit the Chivas 12 a few times and now some Redbreast 12.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Talisker 10, Highland Park 18, and now Ardberg 10.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    Wow, that sounds fantastic. We only get the Laga16 here (which I love) but I hope I can find a bottle of the 12 in my travels.

Polishing off a Laphroaig 10 here, got a buddy coming in from Canada week after next and we'll be hitting the Balvenie 15 hard.

Cheers!

Enthusiast

*sigh* I'm over half way through my Limited Edition Balvenie 17-year Sherry Cask. At nearly $100 a bottle, it is certainly not a bottle that I consume lightly.

Unfortunately, the next-best thing to this particular sherry-finished Speyside Malt is the MacAllan 18-- which sells for nearly $40 more per bottle...

I just hope I can work up enough disposable income before the local liquor store sells out of them. I also want to scarf up a bottle of Bushmills 16-year Single Malt, which is being discounted to move at $45 a bottle (usually sells for $70), as it will be disappearing from the shelves-- probably to make room for MORE wine and vodka...
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Disciple

Gonna sip on some 17yo Longmorn tonight. A friend brought me back a bottle from Strathisla distillery. The first bottle I 'll be sad to finish, as I can't get to Scotland to replace it. Such pleasant whiskey to sip.