Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 44 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Started out the evening with a newly cracked bottle of Balvenie SB15.
    Not quite as boldly flavored as some I've had recently, it is still a superior dram.
    Have moved on to bourbon for the evening, but Balvenie may close it out. Beautiful stuff.

Cheers!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Luna56 View Post
    Started out the evening with a newly cracked bottle of Balvenie SB15.
    Not quite as boldly flavored as some I've had recently, it is still a superior dram.
    Have moved on to bourbon for the evening, but Balvenie may close it out. Beautiful stuff.

Cheers!
    Excellent whisky there. It's unfortunate that my bottle is almost empty, but I sure made it last a long time! It is indeed subtle but still quite complex, find.

Had a (free) glass of Cragganmore 12 today with lunch. Very tasty stuff, with dry, herbal tones balancing the malty sweetness. It's on my hit list now

Connoisseur

My second-last glass of Longmorn 15. Let us all shed a tear for this dear, departed whisky.

Disciple

I'll shed a tear with you. Maybe 2 more poors left in my Longmorn 21. What a great malt. When I drink Chivas, it just jumps above everything else in the blend.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    I'll shed a tear with you. Maybe 2 more poors left in my Longmorn 21. What a great malt. When I drink Chivas, it just jumps above everything else in the blend.
    I don't mean shed a tear for my bottle; I mean for the 15-year-old expression, which has been discontinued and replaced with a 16 year old, which costs almost twice as much. The 15 was truly one of the great values in malt whisky.

I've never thought of Longmorn as part of the Chivas blend, though of course it makes sense. Next time I have some I'll have to think of that. A lot of people talk trash about Chivas but I've always enjoyed it about as much as Johnnie Black label, which is to say quite a bit.

Connoisseur

Having some Ardbeg 10. My last bottle purchased before the price bump, which sadly may have priced it out of my range.

Longmorn 15 was indeed one of the great values in malt. I bought the last 4 bottles I could find locally. There is no finer nose in single malt, and perhaps none in all of whiskey.

Regards,
    Tim

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TBoner View Post
    Having some Ardbeg 10. My last bottle purchased before the price bump, which sadly may have priced it out of my range.

Longmorn 15 was indeed one of the great values in malt. I bought the last 4 bottles I could find locally. There is no finer nose in single malt, and perhaps none in all of whiskey.

Regards,
    Tim
    Ah, so it's not just around here that it jumped in price. Was $77, now $99. I never got to try it...

Advanced Taster

Just opened a bottle of Glenlivet Nadura. Hmmm. Its been a while I have this bottle. There is depth and a hint of sherry. Goes down very well.

Connoisseur

I just cracked my Arran Malt Tokaji finish. It's bottled at 110 proof. Very hot without water. I don't care what people say; this one needs water to bring it to life. Sweet and fruity on the nose; orange and vanilla. Big and sweet on the palate, with some spice. The finish is somewhat bitter. An interesting dram. The Tokaji Aszu finish is not quite as obvious as sherry or port.

Virtuoso

Over the last week I've been up in Canada where booze is pricey (ask Megawatt) and so I brought along plenty of Talisker 18, Talisker 10, Glenlivet Nadurra, Old Pulteney 12 and some bourbon to keep me warm. The Talisker 18 has been fantastic in terms of spicy finishes and the Old Pulteney 12 has been a nice one to offer friends not particular about their whiskey (not that the OP12 isn't fantastic but it's great whiskey and inexpensive so I don't mind spreading it around). The Nadurra has been wonderful for finishing out the evening as well. I can't wait to get home so I can hit some of my other offerings.... I really miss my Ardberg 10 and Lagavulin 16 right now!

Happy Holidays!
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!