Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 61 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Hey Boss, glad that you got try that Ardmore. They are really making great whisky. I got to visit with the Distiller, Ian, a few months ago, and He poured some new stock that's headed our way. Very solid whisky imo. Those HP's seem to only get better with age. If you see the 30 somewhere, give it a shot. Just delicious.

Connoisseur

Two interesting drams tonight:

Stronachie 12. This stuff has really grown on me. Sweet, mild floral and fruity aroma, nice and malty. Soft on the palate with pleasant fruitiness, developing into smoke and earthy peat flavours. All around a very balanced and enjoyable malt.

anCnoc 12. Interesting whisky; seems different with each glass. Tonight the nose is light and sharp with decidely bourbony characteristics. Also quite grassy. On the palate there is marshmallow sweetness, followed quickly by bitter and salty flavours. Overall a subtle and peculiar malt.

Disciple

Last night I had to New Compass Box. Hedonism Maximus, and Peat Monster Reserve. Fantastic whisky. I really enjoyed the balace and flavors in both. Also tried a pour of 25yr old Kings crest to round out the night.

Enthusiast

Finished off my bottle of Glenfiddich Solera Reserve. Not a bad whiskey at all.

Virtuoso

After a very long hiatus into bourbon world, I came back to scotch tonight in a big way. Started with Talisker 10, Clynelish 14, and now Bowmore 17.... I didn't realize how much I missed these drams. Each was magnificent. The Bowmore 17 is exceptional, really quite unique.

Cheers,

James
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

I started out with a hefty snifter of Redbreast 12 but about a third of the way through it I decided to dump it in a rocks glass and add some Ice and more whiskey and let the ice melt a bit before drinking. Irish is the only whiskey I do this with. It makes for a nice light summertime drink. It is quite refreshing since I'm a bit sun burnt and wind burnt this evening. The AC is down to 65 and I still feel too warm.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Last night I had to New Compass Box. Hedonism Maximus, and Peat Monster Reserve. Fantastic whisky. I really enjoyed the balace and flavors in both. Also tried a pour of 25yr old Kings crest to round out the night.
    I really, REALLY wish I could get Hedonism, Oak Cross, Asyla, and Peat Monster. Even the Orangerie liqueur sounds good!

There needs to be more innovation in the blending market, and these guys are on the cutting edge.

I'd also like to try Monkey Shoulder, by William Grant, but it isn't available outside of the UK...
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Connoisseur

If you get down to Stewartstown I can provide some Monkey Shoulder to try. My review

Peat Monster is also available SLO in PA but they want $68 which is way overpriced. I think I have some around that I got from the UK before it was released here.
    Last edited by AVB; 05-22-2009 at 05:16.
    Illuminati in training

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    If you get down to Stewartstown I can provide some Monkey Shoulder to try. My review

Peat Monster is also available SLO in PA but they want $68 which is way overpriced. I think I have some around that I got from the UK before it was released here.
    Thanks again, AVB.

Kininvie is Wm Grant's newest distillery-- it is less than 20 years old, I think. This partly explains why it hasn't been released as a Single Malt, when their two other distilleries, Glenfiddich and Balvenie, have for quite some time.

Thanks for the review.
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Connoisseur

Yes, Kininvie is only 18 years old but there have been two releases. Hazelwood 105 was released honor of Janet Sneed Roberts (greatgrand daughter of William Grant) 105th birthday at 15 years old. It was issued to Wm Grant "friends & family". I have one but haven't cracked it. There was also a 500 bottle run of Hazelwood 107 (for her 107th birthday) at 17 years old released 8/16/08 for sale to celebrate the Heathrow's new Terminal 5 building. It is not-so-inexpensively priced at about $700.00 and I'm looking for one of those myself.
    Illuminati in training