Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 63 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Tonight... some Bowmore 18. Perhaps a lil to much perfumey sweetness, but still nice. Last night... I tasted through about 50 different malts. Highlights to come. One that that sticks out, is a Caol Ila ,aged / finished in a ballechin cask. Tasted like a firecracker. Also tasted a a Linkwood that had a drag-ster burnt tire sort of thang going on. Very fun.

Guru

Last night I got to attend a Bruichladdich tasting with Andrew Gray (part owner). We tasted through Rocks, Waves, Peat, Resurrection, First Growth Cuvee B, 14yr old Barbaresco finish, 10yr. old Oloroso finish, and the Golder Still. All were quite enjoyable imo. No duds to be found, and the Golder Still was really nice. FYI, I found out that they use only old bt barrels...and some wine barrels as well.

Connoisseur

Inchgower 14 yo Flora & Fauna edition. Bright, sweet and a bit grassy.
    Illuminati in training

Guru

HP 81-24 yr old single cask picked out by my boss. Quite fruity...sherry, with a caramel vanilla finish. Also, monday night I got a chance to hang with Glenfiddich master distiller Ian Miller. He broke down the 15 yr old solera. 3 distinct whisky's vatted into one. They use one that is aged in Bourbon, one in New American Oak, and Sherry. We tasted all 3 at cask strength, a 4th of all 3 blended at cask, and the finished product on shelves. The American oak was ridiculously good. I'm now a fan of this whisky.

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

I am in London visiting my daughter who is here for studies for the summer. Anyway, I went to Royal Mile Whiskies and asked for "Something I can't find at home. I like sherried whiskys, keep it under $60, and I like Talisker, Balvenie, etc". He grabbed me a Dailuaine 16. Very dark and sherried. I like it alot. Even Val, how doesn't normally like scotch, likes it. It's in the Diagio portfolio mostly going into Johnny Walker according to the salesperson. Very nice and spot on as he recommended.

Randy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    I am in London visiting my daughter who is here for studies for the summer. Anyway, I went to Royal Mile Whiskies and asked for "Something I can't find at home. I like sherried whiskys, keep it under $60, and I like Talisker, Balvenie, etc". He grabbed me a Dailuaine 16. Very dark and sherried. I like it alot. Even Val, how doesn't normally like scotch, likes it. It's in the Diagio portfolio mostly going into Johnny Walker according to the salesperson. Very nice and spot on as he recommended.

Randy
    Randy I am sure it was a great drink, but how much did the atmosphere influence you?
    This has happen to me before, a great pour or dinner item in special circumstances, but just wasn't as good when done back in my regular surroundings.
    You do get around, Oz and now Great Brit, I am jealous.
    ovh

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    He grabbed me a Dailuaine 16. Very dark and sherried. I like it alot.
    Randy
    Was it the Flora & Fauna like this? It is good stuff.

Illuminati in training

Connoisseur

I'm enjoying my first glass of Old Pulteney 12 right now. Lovely stuff. Lightly floral and sweet on the nose. Some sherried sweetness followed by sea salt and bitter oak on the palate. I like.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    I'm enjoying my first glass of Old Pulteney 12 right now. Lovely stuff. Lightly floral and sweet on the nose. Some sherried sweetness followed by sea salt and bitter oak on the palate. I like.
    One of my favorites! Its just great stuff!

Guru

Pulteney is great!!! One of the most affordable drams with great taste's. I really enjoy the sea salt in Pulteney.