Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 70 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Had my first glass of The Black Grouse tonight. Exactly as advertised: standard Grouse with some Islay malt thrown in.

Taster

Last night, a 28year old Strathmill from Duncan and Taylor, and a wee, wee dram of 12yo 1992 Old Malt Cask Ardbeg. Perhaps one of my least favorite of the 15 or so I have tried- lacks for complexity

Duncan Taylors 30yr. Black Bull. Yummmmmy

Connoisseur

Ohhh, I had a taste of that a few months ago. Quite nice and if there wasn't so much on my list I'd consider buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    Duncan Taylors 30yr. Black Bull. Yummmmmy
    Illuminati in training

Advanced Taster

making chili for halloween party and chili contest tomorrow. started with WT101, then Blantons, now Glen Garioch 8yo.

Enthusiast

Well, this doesn't quite fit in with the theme of the thread, but...

... I'm a bartender at a hotel in south-central PA and the Director of Food and Beverage solicited my input on my bar's liquor selection...

... Long story short, we're getting Dalwhinnie 15, Glenmorangie LaSanta, Ardbeg 10, and Compass Box Oak Cross!!!!!

Technically, I can't drink while working... but that won't stop me from taking a tiny little sip of spirits I wouldn't otherwise be able to sample....
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Not technicaly a scotch, but, Nikka Black Malt. What a surprise from that little Island. Nice, smooth w/ smoke and some fruit.

Connoisseur

I'd like to go on record saying that Whyte & Mackay Special is possibly the best entry-level blend I've tasted. It is smoother than most with a fuller body and better aroma and flavour. Honey, fruit, slight smoke, spice. It was a pleasant surprise.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    I'd like to go on record saying that Whyte & Mackay Special is possibly the best entry-level blend I've tasted. It is smoother than most with a fuller body and better aroma and flavour. Honey, fruit, slight smoke, spice. It was a pleasant surprise.
    I don't doubt it. They're great at soft balance. However, cutting Dalmore down to 80, with chill-filtering, I can't help but feel a tad sad. Dalmore at cask strength is exceptional. At 80 proof, and filtered, it feels like the soul has been robbed from us. Lets hope they don't steal Jura's soul as well.

Disciple

So, I had Loch Dhu last night. I say, " It is horrible!!!!!". What say you? Caramel and Mannochmore. One of the worst ever. I enjoyed Mellort more than this poor. Really. Yet, I talk to people SEARCHING for it. Why? I love Mannochmore, but this was bad. It's my number 3 on worst evver.