Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 75 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    ...I'm starting the night with Glenlivet Nadurra 16 and really enjoying it...
    I've got an unopened Nadurra grinning at me right now. But so far tonight it's been switching back and forth between Glenlivet French Oak and Woodford Reserve Seasoned Oak.

Virtuoso

Right now, I'm drinking Glenmorangie 10, bourbon cask. This is the first time I've tasted anything from this distillery. I must say that it is a very enjoyable Scotch... kind of light, with a taste of vanilla and honey. The nose is very nice... almost as enjoyable as the taste. I'll need to get a few more expressions from this distillery.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by loose proton View Post
    I've got an unopened Nadurra grinning at me right now. But so far tonight it's been switching back and forth between Glenlivet French Oak and Woodford Reserve Seasoned Oak.
    I assume thats is the 15 year old. I loved the Glenlivit Fr.O 12 and the 15 is high on my list of Speysiders to try.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Right now, I'm drinking Glenmorangie 10, bourbon cask. This is the first time I've tasted anything from this distillery. I must say that it is a very enjoyable Scotch... kind of light, with a taste of vanilla and honey. The nose is very nice... almost as enjoyable as the taste. I'll need to get a few more expressions from this distillery.
    The Quinta Ruban is an interesting expression. Surprisingly dry and salty at first, but developing on chocolate-fruit notes.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    ...I'm drinking Glenmorangie 10, bourbon cask...
    Glenmorangie is always a good choice.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by PAspirit1 View Post
    I assume thats is the 15 year old. I loved the Glenlivit Fr.O 12 and the 15 is high on my list of Speysiders to try.
    yep, 15yo. I like it, it's a little different. I like the bit of "twang" from the wood. Though some people think Limousin is an inferior oak for barrels, Remy Martin likes it for some of their high end stuff. I'm sipping it again tonight.

Connoisseur

Starting the night with Islay Mist 8 year old. Not bad at all. The bottle describes it as a "soft" whisky, and I would agree. You get salt and smoky peat but a good amount of honey as well. The texture is quite "blendy", that is to say, a bit thin with a grainy bite, but it has more body than, say, Teachers. Pretty decent overall but for this style of blend I would go for The Black Grouse. More depth and complexity.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    My wife bought me a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask for my birthday last month and I found it head and shoulders better than the standard Laphroaig 10 which I also love. The Quarter Cask just seemed to have a bit more intensity all the way around, and to me was worth the extra $15-$20. I'll always have a bottle of both in the house from now on.
    ub, try the Laphroaig Cask Strength sometime. It's two more heads and four more shoulders above the Quarter Cask. It's ... uh ... narcotic. Sorry, that's as close as I can get to a description.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    ub, try the Laphroaig Cask Strength sometime. It's two more heads and four more shoulders above the Quarter Cask. It's ... uh ... narcotic. Sorry, that's as close as I can get to a description.

Will do, Edo. It is now officially on my Christmas list. Hard to imagine whisky so good, isn't it? But Laphroaig is doing an excellent job these days and I can't get enough of their stuff. All I need to do now is find any easy bank to knock off so that I can afford everything I want!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    The Quinta Ruban is an interesting expression. Surprisingly dry and salty at first, but developing on chocolate-fruit notes.
    Thank you... I'll try it.