Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 81 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 2424
  1. #801
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    766

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    I'm enjoying some good old Crown Royal at the moment. Damn good, if I may say so.

  2. #802
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    How'd you like Cragganmore Distillers Edition?
    Honestly, I loved it. Nice and rich with hints of smoke. I'll admit that I've not been impressed by cragganmore, but I'm changing. I'm a sucker for Mortlach, and Mannochmore. Perhaps the Crag is in the mix as well. How about you? You've tried it?

  3. #803
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Just tried another ... 60 % Black Bottle 40% Bowmore 17. Working like a charm
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

  4. #804
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    I'm enjoying some good old Crown Royal at the moment. Damn good, if I may say so.
    It's been so long since I had Crown Royal. My last Canadian whisky I owned was Canadian Club 12 which was very underwhelming indeed. What are your notes for the Crown Royal.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

  5. #805
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,075

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    I always liked CR. It has a particular balance and character, soft and subtle yet distinct. It inspires me when I do my bourbon blends.

    Gary

  6. #806
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    766

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    It's been so long since I had Crown Royal. My last Canadian whisky I owned was Canadian Club 12 which was very underwhelming indeed. What are your notes for the Crown Royal.
    If you are accustomed to cask-strength bourbon and Scotch you may well find all Canadian whisky underwhelming. That said, I find Crown Royal has a pleasant herbal/leafy aroma with some mild sweet bourbon notes, and oak. On the palate it is smooth and warming with butterscotch and hints of rye. That is from memory; I will give you some better notes when I'm not at work ;-).

  7. #807
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    If you are accustomed to cask-strength bourbon and Scotch you may well find all Canadian whisky underwhelming. That said, I find Crown Royal has a pleasant herbal/leafy aroma with some mild sweet bourbon notes, and oak. On the palate it is smooth and warming with butterscotch and hints of rye. That is from memory; I will give you some better notes when I'm not at work ;-).
    Thanks! Much obliged.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

  8. #808

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Laphroiag 10 yr., ahhh the aroma

  9. #809
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    766

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Johnnie Walker Black Label.

  10. #810
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    27

    Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

    Just finished a dram of Caol Ila 12yo. Next up, Ardbeg 10.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Enjoying Whiskey writting and my Wonderful Dog Nikki
    By dave ziegler in forum History
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 04:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top