Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Disciple

Post Cooking with Bourbon & Whiskey for Fun

How Many of you have ever cooked with Whiskey? Sometimes I do some simple cooking putting Whiskey in the food. An example is taking canned Spam and putting a little Mustard and some Blended Whiskey on it and baking it. It makes it sweet and very tasty! Another one I like to do is make Bourbon flavor pancakes make Pancake batter and use Whiskey instead of water. This is a great way to use disappointing Whiskeys you have and the pancakes are Awesome! I have made Pancakes with Creamed Corn and Bourbon in the Batter and they were wonderful. And Hot dogs cooked in Whiskey and water are very Nice to. Another is my Hamburger Pie where I cook up ground Beef pour whiskey in it simmering and pan fry Mushrooms and Onions and then mix them with Mexican 4 cheese blend in a simple store bought Pie crust in layers then put a crust on top and bake. So How many have tried these kind of things! I think Bourbon Does it Better!
    Dave Z
    Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    -------------------------------------------------

Virtuoso

Re: Cooking with Bourbon & Whiskey for Fun

Great topic Dave although it might go here?

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...splay.php?f=13

But one of my favorite recipes is this Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate and Cranberries...Oh yeah I used a bunch of Weller Antique to marinade the Cranberries over heat. It calls for 6 Tbs. I use close to half a cup (whatever) Recipes are suggestions not rules!!

I have had these and would highly recommend them. They are Awesome with Coffee in the morning (really)!

Ingredients:
    1 cup dried cranberries
    6 tablespoons whiskey
    1 teaspoon habanero chile powder
    2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, slighty softened
    1/2 cup vegetable shortening
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons light corn syrup
    2 cups white chocolate chunks
    3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
    Directions:
    Place the cranberries, whiskey and chile powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes or until the cranberries have absorbed most of the liquid. Set cranberries aside.
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare several baking sheets with cooking spray or butter. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. Use a mixer to beat the butter, shortening and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes.
    Add the egg and corn syrup and beat until fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Stir in the oats, cranberries and chocolate. Refrigerate the batter for at least 10 minutes. Drop the dough in tablespoon sized balls onto the baking sheets, spaced about 3 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a spoon.
    Bake the cookies, one sheet at time, for about 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

I may make another batch this weekend. Feel free to up the bourbon with the cranberries, I do.

AC
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    But one of my favorite recipes is this Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate and Cranberries...Oh yeah I used a bunch of Weller Antique to marinade the Cranberries over heat. It calls for 6 Tbs. I use close to half a cup (whatever) Recipes are suggestions not rules!!

I have had these and would highly recommend them. They are Awesome with Coffee in the morning (really)!

Ingredients:
    1 cup dried cranberries
    6 tablespoons whiskey
    1 teaspoon habanero chile powder
    2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, slighty softened
    1/2 cup vegetable shortening
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons light corn syrup
    2 cups white chocolate chunks
    3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
    Directions:
    Place the cranberries, whiskey and chile powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes or until the cranberries have absorbed most of the liquid. Set cranberries aside.
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare several baking sheets with cooking spray or butter. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. Use a mixer to beat the butter, shortening and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes.
    Add the egg and corn syrup and beat until fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Stir in the oats, cranberries and chocolate. Refrigerate the batter for at least 10 minutes. Drop the dough in tablespoon sized balls onto the baking sheets, spaced about 3 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a spoon.
    Bake the cookies, one sheet at time, for about 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

I may make another batch this weekend. Feel free to up the bourbon with the cranberries, I do.

AC
    I have to agree with Tony...this is an amazing recipe. He made them for one of our tastings...Oscar and I were impolite with how many we ate.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. François View Post
    I have to agree with Tony...this is an amazing recipe. He made them for one of our tastings...Oscar and I were impolite with how many we ate.
    yep, yep, yep, the good Doctor is correct.
    Those cookies are awesome with Weller's.
    ovh

Virtuoso

Thank you gentlemen! Oscar welcome back, very sorry to hear of your loss.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

I've used bourbon in my chili before. I thought it was pretty good. I think the bourbon gave it just a little more "kick" (My chili is very sweet and mild.). My wife and others, well......., I only got to try it that way a couple of times. You know the deal. Maybe someday I'll get to try it again. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

One of my favorites is to get some Spam make half cuts in it put some mustard them spoon on some bourbon and a little Beer to soak in then bake boy is it good makes it sweet and a sort of Malt flavor too!
    Another one I do is Borbon Pancakes pour some Bourbon in my Pancake Batter!
    Dave Z
    ======================================

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    How Many of you have ever cooked with Whiskey?
    I enjoy cooking with whiskey. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Disciple

I really love making Pancakes with Bourbon it just gives them a very nice flavor and moistness! I do not bake but I would bet a home made cake with Bourbon in it would be Great!
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

I just made a chocolate and cheesecake pudding pie with bourbon in the chocolate.
    Instant pudding in an Oreo Pie Crust.
    Bottom layer was chocolate pudding with bourbon. Slided bananas.
    Top Layer was cheesecake pudding with some whipped topping mixed in.
    Topped with toasted coconut.
    How could that be bad.

(Don't tell, but I used sugar free-fat free pudding and skim milk)
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"