Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Newcomer and My First Binny's Order

Well, I wanted to say hello to everyone as this is my first post, but I'm not all that new to the site as I've been watching/learning for a little while now. I really have learned a lot from all of you and I LOVE bourbon.

My stock was running really low so I placed an order recently, BEFORE checking in on the forum. I checked the forum the next day and promptly cancelled my order with another internet company and ordered from Binny's, saving myself almost $50 on the $300 order.

Anyway, I ordered some bourbons I was familiar with and a few new ones. Here they are:

Baker's 7 Year
    Blanton's Single Barrel
    Booker's
    Evan Williams 1783 (3 bottles)
    Evan Williams Single Barrel
    Four Roses Single Barrel
    Old Grand Dad 114
    Weller 12 Year Old

Thanks, again and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on my choices and suggestions for the next order

Trippah and Admin

Re: Newcomer and My First Binny's Order

You picked out a nice selection and two of my favorites (Weller 12 and Four Roses SB) are there. Which of these are new for you and which are repeats?

Welcome to SB.com. I've found the people here to be friendly and helpful and the information to be plentiful.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Nice choices... and glad to see you posting...

Welcome aboard Brbnlvr,

Like the guys have pointed out, you made some great selections there!
    Enjoy the ride, and let us kn ow what you think when you get them if they are new to you. The Binny's Weller 12 is stellar!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

FedEx just dropped them off about an hour ago! As far as what's new to me and my favorites; I like Blanton's, Booker's, and Evan Williams 1783. The EV1783, for me, is surprisingly good and very affordable at $11 per bottle.

The rest are all new to me and I bought them, in large part, to the reading I've been doing here. I'm really looking forward to tonight and jumping into a new one. Maybe the Four Roses SB or the Weller 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Brbnlvr View Post
    FedEx just dropped them off about an hour ago! As far as what's new to me and my favorites; I like Blanton's, Booker's, and Evan Williams 1783. The EV1783, for me, is surprisingly good and very affordable at $11 per bottle.

The rest are all new to me and I bought them, in large part, to the reading I've been doing here. I'm really looking forward to tonight and jumping into a new one. Maybe the Four Roses SB or the Weller 12.

Even the Black Label EW is very good for the price... most if the time I can get the 1.75L on sale for ~$13. The EW single barrel is also very good, if you havent tried it. I also order the 1783 from binnys as it isnt available here.

But I have a problem with this new, extra tax ... CCT.. Sh$t... at binnys.. it is at 93C.. per 750ml bottle. For what.. out of state purchases. It is already bad enough paying the shipping per bottle.
    Last edited by drli; 05-09-2008 at 18:13.

Well, last night it was Weller 12 and WOW! That was smooth! I'll be buying that one again and again.

Don't know about that "extra" tax you refer to drli, but I think Binny's is still the best place to shop overall for price and selection - at least that I know of. Shipping 10 bottles to CA cost me about $35 though, but that's why when I order from out-of-state I usually order big.

Guru

Welcome to SB.com and nice job on the order. The Weller 12 is a really fine pour as you have found out. What you probably have is the Binny's pick Weller 12 which is actually a 14 year old Bernhiem I believe, which is very very tasty.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

You're right, I have the Binny's pick Weller 12 - and it is very, very tasty.

Is Binny's usually pretty good about their barrel picks?