Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Some Virginia burley in grandpa's old pipe.

Novice

Hello all,

I'm the new guy on the block here and I've been reading the posts in this section with great interest. I'm fairly new to the world of better bourbons but I've been smokin' stogies for a long time. I was a die hard Arturo Fuente man for years and I still believe they have the most consistent product line in the market place. However, just as with my drinks, I have continued to expand my tastes in cigars. Cuban Cohibas and Monte's are great for special occasions but my everyday smoke has become Hoya de Nicaragua. They're not for the mild mannered smoker but I find them to be very complex and tasty. If you haven't tried one I recommend you do. I think I will do so myself just as soon as I get home from the office.
    "The hard part about being a bar tender is figuring out who is drunk and who is just stupid".

Disciple

Last night I had a little Panter Silhouette Sumatra cigar that my wife gave me a pack of for Christmas...I don't claim to know anything about cigars, but I liked it.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Disciple

I just enjoyed an Alec Bradley Terra Nova 5 for my lunch. Great cigar.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog View Post
    Hello all,

I'm the new guy on the block here and I've been reading the posts in this section with great interest. I'm fairly new to the world of better bourbons but I've been smokin' stogies for a long time. I was a die hard Arturo Fuente man for years and I still believe they have the most consistent product line in the market place. However, just as with my drinks, I have continued to expand my tastes in cigars. Cuban Cohibas and Monte's are great for special occasions but my everyday smoke has become Hoya de Nicaragua. They're not for the mild mannered smoker but I find them to be very complex and tasty. If you haven't tried one I recommend you do. I think I will do so myself just as soon as I get home from the office.
    Welcome aboard deputydog.

Novice

Hi guys, new to the forum, but not new to cigars. Right now I am hooked on Punch Cornas (CC) and I am patiently waiting for my Nov 07 Por Larranga PC to be ready. I'm craving that caramel flavor.

Virtuoso

Enjoyed a 1998 Upmann Lonsdale with a pour of RR Rye... excellent combination as the Russel's is very cigar friendly. Interesting is the Upmann is just beginning to come into its own with 10+ years of age.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

Since the weather was somewhat tolerable today, I sat on the front porch with a nice highland scotch and a CAO Italia.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Novice

Arturo Fuente Curly Head. Nice and mild.
    IN VINO VERITAS!!!

Virtuoso

Enjoying a HdM Churchill from 2006 with a bit of Dickel #8....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"