Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Olde World Reserve Maduro by Rocky Patel. Nice, classic rich wood and earthy flavors.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Enthusiast

Had a AVO maduro last night, torpedo size. Started out pretty good and then about half-way, the taste went to sour, like too young of tobacco. This is the 2nd time had this problem with AVO. Usually AVO's are a very solid smoke. Anybody else have similar problem or issue?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fricky View Post
    Recently, I tried a La Traviata by CAO and thought that it was outstanding. Since my first trial, I purchased 2 boxes. During the recent Spring gathering in Houston, I was able to get a box for $93 plus tax. Prior to that , I was paid about $106 plus tax. If you get a chance, try one.
    happened to pick one up among the mass of cigars at a local shop. came here to see if there was any mention of it, and this is what i found. about to light it up and give it a try.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    happened to pick one up among the mass of cigars at a local shop. came here to see if there was any mention of it, and this is what i found. about to light it up and give it a try.
    I've been quite impressed with the La Traviata, I recently picked up the maduro version, and intend to try them soon.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

2000 Rafael Gonzalez. Draw is a little tight and moderate smoke. Roasted coffee and earth. Nice start.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Advanced Taster

About to try a CAO LX2 for the first time. Not sure what I am going to pair it with. I recently revisited the MX2 (my 3rd cigar I ever tried) and I still really enjoyed it.

Guru

CAO Gold Churchill. This puppy has huge amounts of smoke; nice flavor but mild in strength.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke

Advanced Taster

Well......One of the "forces that be" little jokes; I can't get a drop of bourbon to go with them, but I have access to all the Cuban cigars I can smoke! We had a guy quit to take a job with another company and couldn't take all his accumulated stuff; so for $200.....

Today after I'm off shift I think I'll fire up one of the maduro "Fat Boys" #5 in the picture, I've smoked up much of my stock but I have to go to Al Asaid next week, much larger base than Ramadi, and I'll see what I can snag to restock the humidor.

Virtuoso

Enjoyed a very nice Pepin gifted to me while at KBF..... nice rich flavors, perfect burn.... all around great cigar.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

2003 Puros Indios Maxima Reserva paired with a '78 WT 86.8.