Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

The weather hasn't exactly been conducive to stepping outside for a smoke; I do have some Cuban Cohibas that need to be introduced to some Kentucky Culture.

But with 9 1/2 inches on the ground, temps to go sub-zero tonight, 1-2 inches tomorrow and "another winter storm" Sunday night and Monday it may be a while before I get a smoke break
    Attached Images Attached Images

Virtuoso

Last evening I enjoyed a 2007 RA Small Club Corona... great little tres petit packed with spice and earthiness.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Apprentice

I had a SLR Serie A yesterday. I believe the cigar had several years of age but don't know the exact vintage as it was in my singles drawer.

Good rich flavors

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Khomeinist View Post
    I had a SLR Serie A yesterday. I believe the cigar had several years of age but don't know the exact vintage as it was in my singles drawer.

Good rich flavors
    Great cigar and one that is often overlooked...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Enthusiast

Yesterday, I smoked a Drew Estate Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig. I read a lot of comments indicating that they are outstanding. Apparently, I am reading the wrong sites. These cigars are not readily available in my area and they are expensive. After delivering my tax information to my CPA, I rewarded myself by stopping at a new cigar shop. They had the Flying Pig and I bought one for about $13.50.

It is very solid and has an unusual shape. It is a little over 4 inches, about a 60 ring gage, and has a pigtail. The wrapper is very dark and oily with few veins. It had an easy draw with plenty of smoke. There was lots of flavor with sweet chocolate being predominant. Burn was uneven and required a few touch ups. In addition, I had to relight it a few times. At the last third, it was burning a bit hot and flavors were subdued.

Overall, this cigar is full bodied with nice flavors but over priced. The burn problems may have been related to storage problems at the shop.

Apprentice

Tonight I smoked a San Cristobal Oficios followed by a Partagas Charlotte (Carlota), concluding with a Ramon Allones RE Phoenicia (SP?). Frankly all were a bit disappointing although the Partagas was remarkably strong given its vintage (1998).

Guru

Weather yesterday was somewhat mild (45 deg) so took advantage of above freezing weather and enjoyed a Alec Bradley Tempus
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Advanced Taster

Smoked an Alec Bradley Maxx Brazil yesterday. Excepting the Select Cabinet Reserve I haven't been overly impressed with AB smokes.
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA

Guru

My first cigar in quite some time, a Rocky Patel Toro.

It was enjoyed a great deal.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

had the La Herencia Cubana today. not bad at all.