Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Just a plain old Monte #4 from 2007... never disappoints, always available...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Enthusiast

A short stubby Kristoff maduro. Packed a punch for a little guy. Good flavor.

Disciple

Had an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story this evening. I hadn't smoked a cigar in a long time, and it was fun one with which to get reacquainted, although a little too short of a smoke.

I need some suggestions of cigars try, easily available, and not too heavy of a smoke. I also prefer shorter smokes to longer ones. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jcg9779; 05-23-2011 at 18:30.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Had an Arturo Fuente Hemminway Short Story this evening. I hadn't smoked a cigar in a long time, and it was fun one with which to get reacquainted, although a little too short of a smoke.

I need some suggestions of cigars try, easily available, and not too heavy of a smoke. I also prefer shorter smokes to longer ones. Any thoughts?
    Try a Punch Champion, price is good, bigger than a Short Story and easy to find. If you enjoy the SS you may want to try an AF work of art or a Best Seller, both are bigger.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Virtuoso

Partagas D4..... nice cigar but the 2008 was a bit young....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

A pipefull of Peretti's 333 and a jigger of JTS Brown.

Dave

Enthusiast

You know, I am not a smoker, but every time I see this thread in my new posts list I just can't help to burst in laughter. In a good way seriously...

Dude WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!!?!?!?

Sorry it just ... ya know brings a smile to my face.

I can appreciate a good cigar but I don't really partake in it often unless the occasion arises. Sort of like drinking champagne, I mean you should have it more often but it's always a celebratory thing most of the time.

I remember buying Cuban stuff up in Canada growing up and having fun with it back in the day. But the last time I had a cigar, I was out at a bachelor party here and having a good time:

http://www.shellysdc.com/

Place stays open late too, but dam I was hoping they had better bourbon I was really hoping to have some Pappy Van Winkle that night at the place. Can't remember what I had though...
    Visit the search for glory in the bottle: http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/
    My video reviews http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...16DDF465CBC112

Enthusiast

Hey Jack, check out the La Aroma de Cuba line, they are carried almost everywhere, are reasonably priced and are a good middle of the road smoke. Anything by Padron can be counted on to be good, and white label Monte Cristos are nice if you like a little milder smoke. All these are easily found, won't break the bank, and come in a variety of sizes. A good cigar shop can usually make some good recommendations if you give them a few examples of what you like.

Virtuoso

2004 Cohiba Coronas Especiales.... a very nice size for a warm evening...Laguito #2. The CE is one of the under appreciated stars in the Cohiba lineup... and rarely if ever counterfeited... so a safe pick if you see them while vacationng in the Caribbean...

Virtuoso

Ramon Allones Short Club Corona last evening with friends... a never fail tres petit....