Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

smoked an enormous Mark Twain golfing on Saturday. never seen one before, it came in the cigar club. good smoke for the occasion, probably 8 inches long or a little more, burned well and stayed lit when put down to make a shot. strong at first then leveled out to a decent long smoke.

Virtuoso

Enjoyed a Viaje - Tower Cigars 45th Ann. which was gifted to me... excellent cigar in every way... tasty, complex and a great finish....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Virtuoso

Maria Mancini corona gifted to me by the "dog".... surprisingly good smoke it a gorgeous wrapper. Good tobacco flavor, good balance, decent complexity and a respectable finish. For the price a great value!!
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Disciple

To answer the original question, a little bit of everything.

I've always enjoyed a cigar, but never had them often enough to really be able to evaluate what I liked. The local smoke shop is going out of business, and all cigars are 50% off. I got two of about a dozen different cigars regualrly priced from $2-$12, and plan on taking some notes so I can identify what suits me and finally fully develop another vice.

Virtuoso

Partagas P2 this evening. Not a big figurado fan but tonight this one was a fine smoke...

Virtuoso

Stunning day here so the PC is out back.... enjoying a Quai D'Orsay Gran Corona.. 2004..

Virtuoso

CAO La Traviata. I smoked a robusto size which is comprised of tobacco's from Cameroon, Nicaragua and the DR. The cost was $5.40 at my local shop.

The cigar was beautifully made and looked gorgeous. Perfect draw. The flavor was up front, bold and had a creamy texture. It was appealing with notes of roasted nuts, light earth and wood. Medium strength and well balanced. The burn was perfect but it was a young cigar which every now and then produced some harsh flavors. Overall it was decent.

Given the price and construction the La Traviata was an OK cigar. My major issue with this CAO was that it was lacking in complexity and finish. It was consistent from front back which left me a bit bored half way through. No flaws, just nothing of great interest.

Enthusiast

Tonight I enjoyed a Cohiba Lonsdale Grande with a pour of Eagle Rare 17 on the front porch after the sun went down. As the temps here have been over 103 for the last several weeks, it was a great way to start the weekend.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Virtuoso

Tonight was a La Reloba Seleccion Sumatra by My Father Cigars.
    This was a flavorful cigar from the start. Medium strength, spicy and well balanced. Pleasing flavor profile and good concentration of earth, cedar and a hint of sweetness. Finish was OK. The flavor profile was consistent with no bitter notes. Very straight forward, no flaws but nothing that had me asking for another puff.

Virtuoso

This afternoon I tried my first Cain F 550 which I found locally for $7.60. As with the other NC's ... great construction. The first problem however is my local shop which I asked to recommend medium strength cigars... This Cain was clearly a ligero heavy cigar as it was IMO a strong cigar.

Strong out of the chutes the Cain F did not exhibit a tremendous amount of flavor.... it was more strength. To me it was unbalanced and exhibited a young tobacco flavor profile. Interesting but lacking in flavors that appeal to my palate. I smoked it to the last third... not much happening with this cigar for me... strong, one dimensional and lacking in nuance. May be the ticket for others but not I.