Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Some Carter Hall in a Gandalf figural Meerschaum carved by I. Baglan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe View Post
    Last night was great so I sat on the bourbon deck and had a Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo. The per stick price was a little salty but it was a great cigar. Lots of chocolate.
    Joe
    My buddy, Shay, gifted me a Shark for my birthday. I'm looking forward to finding the right occasion to enjoy it.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Virtuoso

Today is another perfect cigar day in Va. Reached into the humi for a custom Toboada "Horsey Tail" from 2006. 45x9.5"...Perfect draw, flavors of damp soil, cedar, bitter sweet cocoa, espresso with hints of pepper and Asian spice notes. Classic Toboada with a perfect draw, balance and complexity. Creamy mouth feel and a long finish....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Enthusiast

This evening I enjoyed a Romeo Y Julietta Churchill on the front porch with a pour of Old Charter 10 y/o. I have a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway Perfecto's enroute. I'm looking forward to these. As usual I have to order these as we have no smoke shop in my town.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Enthusiast

A while back, my cigar of the month club included a Torano Fortress, and I enjoyed it; earlier this week I ordered some. I didn't expect them until next week, but the UPS man brought me a surprise last night; naturally I dove right in. A little peppery at first light, quickly settled down into a smooth, flavorful, but not too heavy smoke. It burned evenly and slowly, really a beautiful smoke and at a bargain price. Highly recommended! Same delivery included a selection of 5 Vegas torpedoes, I expect I'll be sampling them this weekend as well.

Advanced Taster

Last night on the deck under the cedar tree...

That's a Churchill size Cohiba Maduro 5 from Habana that followed me home from Iraq

Connoisseur

I have a Fuente Dbl Chat Mad for tonight, probably going with ETL.

While whiskey and cigars naturally go well together, some combinations are really special. I recently had a Fuente 858 nat with 1792. While i enjoy 1792, it isnt my regular, and neither is 858, but on that day that combination was extremely good, perfect together.

Advanced Taster

Honduras Carribean Claro with Knob Creek Single Barrel. Nothing to write home about but a decent smoke.
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA

Enthusiast

Enjoyed another Romeo Y Julieta Churchill on the front porch after the sun went down with some Wild Turkey 101.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Disciple

I went to the local smoke shop and broke my cherry. I had not bought any cigars for myself since I was a kid and went with my cousin.

I had a Romeo Y Julietta Reserva Love Story a couple nights ago that was pretty good. I followed that up with a Sosa in a Madura wrapper that I thought was just not good.

This morning after breakfast and coffee I lit up a Berger and Argenti Mooch which I think was a 5 x 50. I liked that one, creamy and I got hints of sandalwood mixed in. I'm going to buy more of these, maybe try a larger size since I only got about 35 minutes of burn on it and I wanted it to last longer.

I have a larger RYJ Reserva I think 6 x 60 for tomorrow and a A Fuente Grand Reserva Short Chuchill on tap.

I'm already trying to figure out if I should go back to the shop today or wait till Tuesday. Either way they will be seeing my face again soon.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination