Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Smoked an Alec Bradley Prensado last night. This was Cigar Aficianados cigar of the year, so I was really looking forward to trying this. It had a beautiful reddish brown wrapper, and was box pressed; a gorgeous stick. After some significant spicieness on lighting, it settled into clouds of rich, full bodied smoke for the rest of the evening. Halfway through, it burned a little unevenly and self-extinguished a couple of times, but lit right back up with little increase in tar. While slightly too powerful to take the place of my favorite cigar, it was undoubtably one of the best cigars I've ever smoked.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Smoked the Oliva Cain Daytona Double Toro earlier. I wasn't sure what to expect from it. But it turned it to be a pretty mellow and enjoyable smoke. I couldn't finish the whole thing as I generally just don't have the patience for a cigar that lasts more than an hour. But I enjoyed what I did smoke of it.
    Just asked about this on your thread. If you want a shorter smoke, try a different size if they offer. The Daytona I was going to pick up was a Torpedo, but they had Robustos and the Double Toro available. I mainly smoke robustos unless I have more than an hour and a half to relax.

Connoisseur

relaxing on the front porch with a Oliva Series V torpedo before making one last run through the garden, and then start pickling peppers.

Connoisseur

I have so much in my humidor and coolidor, yet time after time, and I keep reaching for a Mayorga Maduro Torp. Inexpensive and tasty and never fails to satisfy. Paired up again tonight with some WTRB, neither overpowers the other and is a great way to end the day and at the same time not break the bank.

Connoisseur

Smoking my first CAO tonight. The OSA sol line has been very nice to me and a beautiful night to boot.

Virtuoso

Getting ready to smoke a Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary here in a few minutes. I'll let you all know what I think later.

Connoisseur

Padron anniversario 1926 with wheated Willett 17 yr, beautiful combo

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    Padron anniversario 1926 with wheated Willett 17 yr, beautiful combo
    Super jealous!

Virtuoso

Getting ready to smoke a Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary here in a few minutes. I'll let you all know what I think later.
    Honestly, I don't know what the general consensus is here pertaining to Rocky Patel cigars... but, the Fifteenth Anniversary that I just smoked was absolutely incredible. Now granted, I haven't smoked too many cigars. The Fifteenth Anniversary was just perfect. Second best cigar I've smoked after the Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo. Just creamy, chocolatey and mellow in my opinion. I will definitely be going back to pick up a few more of these once I get the humidor up and running!

Connoisseur
    Honestly, I don't know what the general consensus is here pertaining to Rocky Patel cigars... but, the Fifteenth Anniversary that I just smoked was absolutely incredible. Now granted, I haven't smoked too many cigars. The Fifteenth Anniversary was just perfect. Second best cigar I've smoked after the Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo. Just creamy, chocolatey and mellow in my opinion. I will definitely be going back to pick up a few more of these once I get the humidor up and running!
    Not sure about general consensus either, but I have liked everything I have smoked by him.