Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Oh, should have mentioned, smoked a Alec Bradley Tempus panatella last night on an uncharacteristcally nice August night in the Commonwealth. Super spicy and powerful out of the gat, similar to the Prensado Churchill. The spice gave way, but it stayed a strong smoke through the end. Burned well, but did have a hard time staying lit if you didn't keep puffing. I really like this size cigar; it just feels elegant in a way the thicker cigars don't. Pity not many are made these days.

Enthusiast

An Illusione CG4 ... nutty with a spectacular earthy maduro wrapper and a very nutty flavor .. finished it off with a toothpick ... didn't want to snuff it out.
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Virtuoso

La Aroma di Cuba Mi Amor belicoso

Pretty good stick.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhour24x7 View Post
    Jay, never had those hoyos, can you describe?
    Sorry, I took so long to get back to this, I missed it initally.

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra, is one of those cigars that really goes after the essence of a cuban cigar taste. First of all each cigar is wrapped in an indivual cedar sleeve. The Ecuador Sumatra Wrapper on this is so dark that it is almost a Maduro, but once you put it to your lips, even before lighting it, the flavors of dark fruit, like dates or dried figs immediate get you. Lighting it up, you don't so much of the sweet so much as you get a smoothly velvety leather, earth and a bit of Dark Chocolate. There is some spice in there too, and it is very full bodied without being too "strong". It is very consistent throughout only getting just a bit bitter near the nub... which I don't alway know about, because there are very few cigars that I go down to the nub on... but this one, you just don't want to end once you start smoking it (OK... maybe it is just me... but it is a damn fine, cuban style flavor, rich and pleasurable). It runs between 6 and 8 dollars around here (for the Media Noche), and it is one of the few cigars this price that I will say is vastly underpriced.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Sorry, I took so long to get back to this, I missed it initally.

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra, is one of those cigars that really goes after the essence of a cuban cigar taste. First of all each cigar is wrapped in an indivual cedar sleeve. The Ecuador Sumatra Wrapper on this is so dark that it is almost a Maduro, but once you put it to your lips, even before lighting it, the flavors of dark fruit, like dates or dried figs immediate get you. Lighting it up, you don't so much of the sweet so much as you get a smoothly velvety leather, earth and a bit of Dark Chocolate. There is some spice in there too, and it is very full bodied without being too "strong". It is very consistent throughout only getting just a bit bitter near the nub... which I don't alway know about, because there are very few cigars that I go down to the nub on... but this one, you just don't want to end once you start smoking it (OK... maybe it is just me... but it is a damn fine, cuban style flavor, rich and pleasurable). It runs between 6 and 8 dollars around here (for the Media Noche), and it is one of the few cigars this price that I will say is vastly underpriced.
    Sold.
    key for me is lots of flavor without overpowering strength. Thanks for the write up. On another note, have you gotten around to giving Ol' Rocky another try?

Enthusiast

Oh, and for tonight it is a Torano Fortress. Always reliable.

Virtuoso
    Boli RC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Virtuoso

Arturo Fuente 858 Flor-Fina

Enthusiast

Arturo Fuente Anejo robusto - outstanding and superior to Opus X

Virtuoso

A Cain Nub Cameroon 460 for me tonight. I'm liking it a lot, very silky smooth. Which is good because I have 5 of them coming to me from a certain cigar website.