Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    Those flavored things are the Red Gag of the cigar world.
    I think its something to smoke around other folks because its can provide a more pleasant aroma than other cigars. They are made and smoke well so if its your cup of tea it isnt' a bad choice.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Virtuoso

The last few nights I've enjoyed Upmann 100 Robusto with my Bourbon. I'm thrilled by how good the combo is. I've never been a cigar smoker (just cigs in the past). I had one last night to finish a bottle of Pappy 20 and now I know why Pappy looks so happy with his cigar! I just had a Wathen's tonight with one and I was blown away by the combo. WOW
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Novice

I enjoyed a nice Don Pepin Blue Label lancero with some WT101 three nights ago. Followed by Gran Habano Cabinet Selection with some Baker's on Wednesday. Good cigars, good bourbon and good company.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    The last few nights I've enjoyed Upmann 100 Robusto with my Bourbon. I'm thrilled by how good the combo is. I've never been a cigar smoker (just cigs in the past). I had one last night to finish a bottle of Pappy 20 and now I know why Pappy looks so happy with his cigar! I just had a Wathen's tonight with one and I was blown away by the combo. WOW
    I love pairing a cigar and bourbon. I like to experiment between rye whiskey, rye bourbon and wheat bourbon. Tonight I paired a '79 Early Times KSBW and an Oliva Connecticut Reserve.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    I love pairing a cigar and bourbon. I like to experiment between rye whiskey, rye bourbon and wheat bourbon. Tonight I paired a '79 Early Times KSBW and an Oliva Connecticut Reserve.
    Unfortunately my wife has put the Kybosh on my cigar smoking. She's been really tolerant of my whiskey drinking but when she saw me heading onto the porch a few nights in a row with a cigar in hand she flipped. Now I have to wait for her to fall asleep

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Unfortunately my wife has put the Kybosh on my cigar smoking. She's been really tolerant of my whiskey drinking but when she saw me heading onto the porch a few nights in a row with a cigar in hand she flipped. Now I have to wait for her to fall asleep
    I totally understand. My wife's been giving me the hairy eyeball over my cigars. I've started smoking cigars a lot more recently, well, because they're really good and I enjoy the quiet time on the front porch. But to your point, I too have to wait many an evening for my wife to retire before "sneaking" out to the front porch.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke

Guru

Tonight I enjoyed a cigar my son gave to me for my birthday. A La Aroma de Cuba.

Virtuoso

I totally understand. My wife's been giving me the hairy eyeball over my cigars. I've started smoking cigars a lot more recently, well, because they're really good and I enjoy the quiet time on the front porch. But to your point, I too have to wait many an evening for my wife to retire before "sneaking" out to the front porch.
    My wife's on to me.... She falls asleep on the couch, I tell her to "just go to bed already" and she refuses until I go up.... darn, no cigars for me ... I'm really jonesing for one right now.

Virtuoso

Victory!!! With a little persistence got her up to bed... told her she was snoring to get her to go up. Had an Oro Rojo Royal Jamaica with some Pappy 15, I fall in love with bourbon all over again with a wonderful smoke. I'm still taking in deep breaths of my fingers to continue savoring the moment. Life is good no?

Novice

Tonight I enjoyed a cigar my son gave to me for my birthday. A La Aroma de Cuba.
    What did you think of that cigar? I've had a couple of different sizes now and have enjoyed them.

Last week I had an LFD Double Pressed. Pretty good smoke with good flavors. Not as strong as a lot of LFD products.